1. Slawsky MT, Colucci WS, Gottlieb SS et al. Acute hemodynamic and clinical effects of levosimendan in patient with severe heart failure. Study Investigators. Circulation 2000; 102: 2222–2227.
2. Moiseyev VS, Poder P, Andrejevs N et al. RUSSLAN Study Investigators. Safety and efficacy of a novel calcium sensitizer, levosimendan, in patients with left ventricular failure due to an acute myocardial infarction. A randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study (RUSSLAN). Eur Heart J 2002; 23: 1422–1432.
3. Follath F, Cleland JG, Just H et al. Steering Committee and Investigators of the Levosimendan Infusion versus Dobutamine (LIDO) Study. Efficacy and safety of intravenous levosimendan compared to dobutamine in severe low-output heart failure (the LIDO study): a randomised double-blind trial. Lancet 2002; 360: 196–202.
4. García-González MJ, Domínguex-Rodríguez A, Ferrer-Hita JJ et al. Cardiogenic shock after percutaneous coronary intervention: effects of levosimendan compared with dobutamine on haemodynamics. Eur J Heart Fail 2006; 8: 723–728.
5. Mebazaa A, Nieminen MS, Packer M et al. SURVIVE Investigators. Levosimendan vs dobutamine for patients with acute decompensated heart failure: the SURVIVE Randomized Trial. JAMA 2007; 297: 1883–1891.
6. Adamopoulos S, Parissis JT, Iliodromitis EK et al. Effects of levosimendan versus dobutamine on inflammatory and apoptotic pathways in acutely decompensated chronic heart failure. Am J Cardiol 2006; 98: 102–106.
7. Paparella D, Scrascia G, Paramythiotis A et al. Preoperative cardiac troponin I to assess midterm risks of coronary bypass grafting operations in patiens with recent myocardial infarction. Ann Thorac Surg 2010; 89: 696–702.
8. Szilágyi S, Pollesello P, Levijoki J et al. The effects of levosimendan and OR-1896 on isolated hearts, myocyte-sized preparations and phosphodiesterase enzymes of the guinea pig. Eur J Pharmacol 2004; 486: 67–74.
9. Toller WG, Stranz C. Levosimendan, a new inotropic and vasodilator agent. Anesthesiology 2006; 104: 556–569.
10. Maharaj R, Metaxa V. Levosimendan and mortality after coronary revascularisation: a meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. Crit Care 2011; 15: R140.
11. Tritapepe L, De Santis V, Vitale D et al. Levosimendan pre-treatment improves outcomes in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgery. Br J Anaesth 2009; 102: 198–204.
12. De Hert SG, Lorsomradee S, vanden Eede H et al. A randomized trial evaluating different modalities of levosimendan administration in cardiac surgery patients with myocardial dysfunction. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2008; 22: 699–705.
13. De Hert SG, Lorsomradee S, Cromheecke S et al. The effects of levosimendan in cardiac surgery patients with poor left ventricular function. Anesth Analg 2007; 104: 766–773.
14. Mebazaa A, Karpati P, Renaud E et al. Acute right ventricular failure – from pathophysiology to new treatments. Intensive Care Med 2004; 30: 185–196.
15. Parissis JT, Paraskevaidis I, Bistola V et al. Effects of levosimendan on right ventricular function in patients with advanced heart failure. Am J Cardiol 2006; 98: 1489–1492. Epub 2006 Oct 13.
16. Beiras-Fernandez A, Weis FC, Kur F et al. Primary graft failure and Ca2+ sensitizers after heart transplantation. Transplant Proc 2008; 40: 951–952.