1. La Peyronie F. Sur quelques obstacles qui s'opposent á l'éjaculation naturelle de la semence. Mem Acad Royale Chir 1743; 1: 337–342.
2. Akkus E. Historical Review of Peyronie's Disease. In: Laurence A. Levine. Peyronie's Disease: a guide to clinical management. New Jersey: Humana Press 2007.
3. Borgogni T. Cyrurgia Edita et Compilata. Venice, 1498 (written 1265–1275).
4. Murphy LJT. Miscellanea: Peyronie's disease (fibrous cavernositis). In: Ch. C. Thomas. The History of Urology. 1st ed. Illinois: Springfield 1972: 485–486.
5. Wesson MD. Peyronie's disease (plastic induration) cause and treatment. J Urol 1943; 49: 350–356.
6. Devine et al. Proposal: trauma as the cause of the Peyronie's lesion. J Urol 1997; 157(1): 285–290.
7. Zargooshi et al. Trauma as the cause of Peyronie's disease: penile fracture as a model of trauma. J Urol 2004; 172(1): 186–188.
8. Feiken E, Romer J, Eriksen J et al. Neutrophils expresstumor necrosis factor-alpha during mouse skin wound healing. J Invest Dermatol 1995; 105: 120.
9. DiPietro LA. Wound healing: The role of the macrophage and other immune cells. Shock 1995; 4: 233.
10. Ravanti L, Kahari VM. Matrix metalloproteinases in wound repair. Int J Mol Med 2000; 6: 391–407.
11. El Sakka AI, Hassoba HM, Chui RM. An animal model of Peyronie's like condition associated with an increase of transforming growth factor β mRNA and protein expression. J. Urol 1997; 158: 2284– 2290.
12. El Sakka AI, Hassoba HM, Pillarisetty RJ et al. Peyronie's disease is associated with an increase in transforming growth factor-beta protein expression. J Urol 1997; 158: 1391–1394.
13. Bivalacqua TJ, Champion HC, Leungwattanakij S et al. Evaluation of nitric oxide synthase and arginase in the induction of a Peyronie's like condition in the rat. J Androl 2001; 22: 497–506.
14. Kucharewicz I, Kowal K, Buczko W et al. The plasmin system in airway remodeling. Thromb Res 2003; 112: 1–7.
15. Van de Water L. Mechanisms by which fibrin and fibronectin appear in healing wounds: implications for Peyronie's disease. J Urol 1997; 157: 306–310.
16. Davila H, Magee TR, Rajfer J et al. Peyronie's disease is associated with an increase of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in fibrotic plaque. Urology 2005; 65: 645–648.
17. Davila H, Ferrini M, Rajfer J et al. Fibrin induction of a Peyronie's-like plaque in the rat penile tunica albuginea. BJU Int 2003; 91: 830–838.
18. Ryu JK, Piao S, Shin HY, et al. IN-1130, A Novel Transforming Growth Factory Type 1 Receptor Kinase (ALK 5) Inhibitor Regresses Fibrotic Plaque and Corrects Penile Curvature in a Rat Model of Peyronie's Disease. [Abst 749]. Annual Meeting of the American Urological Association; 2007.
19. Del Carlo M, Levine LA, Cole AA. Differential regulation of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases (TIMPs) by interleukin-1– (IL-1–) and transforming growth factor β (TGF- β in Peyronie's fibroblasts). Abstract, 2007 AUA Meeting.
20. Qian A, Meals RA, Rajfer J et al. Comparison of gene expression profiles between Peyronie's disease and Dupuytren's contracture. Urology 2004; 64(2): 399–404.
21. Polkey HJ. ID induratio penis plastica. Urol Cut Rev 1928; 32: 287–308.
22. Ludvik W, Wasserburger K. Die Radiumbehandlung der induration penis plastica. Z Urol Nephrol 1968; 61: 319–325.
23. Devine CJ. Introduction to Peyronie's Disease. J Urol 1997; 157: 272–275.
24. Linday MB et al. The incidence of Peyronie's disease in Rochester, Minnesota, 1950 through 1984. J Urol 1991; 146: 1007–1009.
25. Sommer F et al. Epidemiology of Peyronie's disease. Int J Impot Res 2002; 14: 379–383.
26. Mulhall JP, Creech SD, Boorjian SA et al. Subjective and objective analysis of the prevalence of Peyronie's disease in a population of men presenting for prostate cancer screening. J Urol 2004; 171: 2350– 2353.
27. La Rochelle JC, Levine LA. A Survey of Primary- Care Physicians and Urologists Regarding Peyronie's Disease. J Sex Med; 4: 1167–1173.
28. Levine LA, Estrada CR, Storm DW et al. Peyronie's disease in younger men: Characteristics and treatment results. J Androl 2003; 24: 27–32.
29. Tefekli A, Kandirali E, Erol H et al. Peyronie's disease in men under 40: characteristics and outcome. Int J Impot Res 2001; 13: 18–23.
30. Briganti A et al. Clinical presentation of Peyronie's disease in young patients. Int J Impt Res 2003; 15: S44–47.
31. Deveci S, Hopps CV, O'Brien K et al. Defining the clinical characteristics of Peyronie's disease in young men. J Sex Med 2007; 4(2): 485–490.
32. Williams JL, Thomas GG. The natural history of Peyronie's disease. J Urol 1970; 103: 75.
33. Gelbard MK, Dorey F, James K. The natural history of Peyronie's disease. J Urol 1990; 144: 1376– 1379.
34. Kadioglu A et al. A retrospective review of 307 men with Peyronie's disease. J Urol 2002; 168: 1075–1079.
35. Akin-Olugbade Y, Mulhall JP. The medical management of Peyronie's disease. Nature Clinical Practice Urology 2007; 4(2): 95–103.
36. Levine LA, Greenfield JM. Establishing a standardized evaluation of the man with Peyronie's disease. International Journal of Impotence Research 2003; 15(5): S103–112.
37. Scott WW, Scardino PL. A new concept in the treatment of Peyronie's disease. South Med J 1948; 41: 173–177.
38. Sikka SC, Hellstrom WJ. Role of oxidative stress and antioxidants in Peyronie's disease. Int J Impot Res 2002; 14: 353–360.
39. Gholami SS, Gonzalez-Cadavid NF, Lue TF et al. Peyronie's disease: a review. J Urol 2002; 169: 1234– 1241.
40. Pryor JP, Farell CF. Controlled clinical trial of Vitamin E in Peyronie's disease. Prog Reprod Biol 1983; 9: 41–45.
41. Akkus E, Carrier S, Rehman J et al. Is colchicine effective in Peyronie's disease? A pilot study. Urology 1994; 44: 291–295.
42. Kadioglu A, Tefekli A, Koksal T et al. Treatment of Peyronie's disease with oral colchicine: long term results and predictive parameters of successful outcome. Int J Impot Res 2000; 12: 169–175.
43. Safarinejad MR. Therapeutic effects of colchicine in the management of Peyronie's disease: a randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Int J Impot Res 2004;16: 238–243.
44. Zarafonetis CJ, Horrax TM. Treatment of Peyronie's disease with potassium para-aminobenzoate (potaba). J Urol 1959; 81: 770–772.
45. Hasche-Klunder R. Treatment of peyronie's disease with para-aminobenzoacidic potassium (POTABA) (author's transl). Urologe A 1978; 17: 224–227.
46. Weidner W, Schroeder-Printzen I, Rudnick J et al. Randomized prospective placebo-controlled therapy of Peyronie's disease (IPP) with Potaba (aminobenzoate potassium). J Urol 1999; 6: 205.
47. Weidner W, Hauck EW, Schnitker J. Potassium paraaminobenzoate (Potaba) in the treatment of Peyronie's disease: a prospective, placebo-controlled, randomized study. Eur Urol 2005; 47: 530–535.
48. Ralph DJ, Brooks MD, Bottazzo GF et al. The treatment of Peyronie's disease with tamoxifen. Br J Urol 1992; 70: 648–651.
49. Colletta AA, Wakefield LM, Howell FV et al. Antioestrogens induce the secretion of active transforming growth factor beta from human fetal fibroblasts. Br J Caner 1990; 62: 405–409.
50. Teloken C, Rhoden EL, Grazziotin TM et al. Tamoxifen versus placebo in the treatment of Peyronie's disease. J Urol. 1999; 162: 2003–2005.
51. Biagiotti G, Cavallini G. Acetyl-L-carnitine vs. tamoxifen in the oral therapy of Peyronie's disease: a preliminary report. BJU Int 2001; 88: 63–67.
52. Valente EG, Vernet D, Ferrini M et al. L-Arginine and phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitors counteract fibrosis in the Peyronie's fibrotic plaque and related fibroblast cultures. Nitric Oxide 2003; 9: 229–244.
53. Brant WO, Dean RC, Lue TF. Treatment of Peyronie's disease with oral pentoxifylline. Nat Clin Pract Urol 2006; 3: 111–115.
54. Martin DJ, Badwan K, Parker M et al. Transdermal application of verapamil gel to the penile shaft fails to infiltrate the tunica albuginea. J Urol 2002; 168: 2483–2485.
55. Fitch WP, Easterling J, Talbert RL et al. Topical Verapamil HCl, Topical Trifluoperazine, and Topical Magnesium Sulfate for the Treatment of Peyronie's Disease – A Placebo-Controlled Pilot Study. J Sex Med 2007; 4: 477–484.
56. Levine LA. Comment on Topical Verapamil HCl, Topical Trifluoperazine, and Topical Magnesium Sulfate for the Treatment of Peyronie's Disease – A Placebo- Controlled Pilot Study. J Sex Med 2007; 4: 1081– 1082.
57. Bodner H, Howard AH, Kaplan JH. Peyronie's disease: cortisone-hyaluronidase-hydrocortisone therapy. J Urol 1954; 400–403.
58. Winter CC, Khanna R. Peyronie's disease: results with dermo-jet injection of dexamethasone. J Urol 1975; 114(6): 898–900.
59. Williams G, Green NA. The non-surgical treatment of Peyronie's disease. Br J Urol 1980; 52: 392–395.
60. Gelbard MK, Walsh R, Kaufman JJ. Collagenase for Peyronie's disease experimental studies. Urol Res 1982; 10: 135–140.
61. Gelbard MK, Linkner A, Kaufman JJ. The use of collagenase in the treatment of Peyronie's disease. J Urol 1985; 134: 280–283.
62. Gelbard MK, James K, Riach P, Dorey F. Collagenase vs. placebo in the treatment of Peyronie's disease: a double blind study. J Urol 1993; 149: 56–58.
63. Roth M, Eickelberg O, Kohler E et al. Ca2 + channel blockers modulate metabolism of collagens within the extracellular matrix. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1996; 93: 5748–5482.
64. Mulhall JP, Anderson MS, Lubrano T et al. Peyronie's disease cell culture models: phenotypic, genotypic and functional analyses. Int J Impot Res 2002; 14: 397–405.
65. Levine LA, Merrick PF, Lee RC. Intralesional verapamil injection for the treatment of Peyronie's disease. J Urol 1994; 151: 1522–1524.
66. Rehman J, Benet A, Melman A. Use of intralesional verapamil to dissolve Peyronie's disease plaque: a long term single-blind study. Urology 1998; 51: 620–626.
67. Levine LA, Estrada CR. Intralesional verapamil for the treatment of Peyronie's disease: a review. Int J Impot Res 2002; 14: 324–328.
68. Bennett NE, Guhring P, Mulhall JP. Intralesional verapamil Prevents the Progression of Peyronie's Disease. Urology 2007; 69: 1181–1184.
69. Duncan MR, Berman B, Nseyo UO. Regulation of the proliferation and biosynthetic activities of cultured human Peyronie's disease fibroblasts by interferonsalpha, -beta and -gamma. Scand J Urol Nephrol 1991; 25: 89–94.
70. Wegner HE, Andreson R, Knipsel HH et al. Treatment of Peyronie's disease with local interferon-alpha- 2b. Eur Urol 1995; 28: 236–240.
71. Wegner HE, Andresen R, Knipsel HH et al. Local interferon-alpha-2b is not an effective treatment in early-stage Peyronie's disease. Eur Urol 1997; 32: 190–193.
72. Ahuja S, Bivalacqua TJ, Case J, Vincent M, Sikka SC, Hellstrom WJ. A pilot study demonstrating clinical benefit from intralesional interferon alpha 2B in the treatment of Peyronie's disease. J Androl 1999; 20: 444–448.
73. Dang G, Matern R, Bivalacqua TJ et al. Intralesional interferon-alpha-2b injections for the treatment of Peyronie's disease. South Med J 2004; 97: 42–46.
74. Hellstrom WJ, Kendirici M, Matern R et al. Singleblind, multicenter placebo-controlled parallel study to asses the safety and efficacy of intralesional interferon- alpha-2b for minimally invasive treatment for Peyronie's disease. J Urol 2006; 176: 394–398.
75. Levine LA. Review of current nonsurgical management of Peyronie's disease. Int J Impot Res 2003; 15: S113–120.
76. Hauck EW, Altinkilic BM, Ludwig M et al. Extracorporeal shock wave therapy in the treatment of Peyronie's disease. First results of a case-controlled approach. Eur Urol 2000; 38: 663–669.
77. Hatzichristodoulou G, Meisner C et al. Efficacy of Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT) in patients with Peyronie's disease (PD) ? first results of a prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled, singleblind study. [Abst 993] Annual Meeting of the American Urological Association; 2006.
78. Hatzichristodoulou G, Meisner C et al. Efficacy Of Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy On Plaque Size And Sexual Function In Patients With Peyronie's Disease – Results of a Prospective, Randomized, Placebo- Controlled Study. [Abst. 747] Annual Meeting of the American Urological Association; 2007.
79. Riedl CR, Plas E, Engelhard P et al. Iontophoresis for treatment of Peyronie's disease. J Urol 2000; 163: 95–99.
80. Montorsi F, Salonia A, Guazzoni G et al. Transdermal electromotive multi-drug administration for Peyronie's disease: preliminary results. J Androl 2000; 21: 85–90.
81. Di Stasi SM, Giannantoni A, Capelli G et al. Transdermal electromotive administration of verapamil and dexamethasone for Peyronie's disease. BJU Int 2003; 91: 825–829.
82. Di Stasi SM, Giannantoni A, Stephen RL et al. A prospective, randomized study using transdermal electromotive administration of verapamil and dexamethasone for Peyronie's disease. J Urol 2004; 171: 1605–1608.
83. Levine LA, Estrada CR, Show W et al. Tunica albuginea tissue analysis after electromotive drug administration. J Urol 2003; 169: 1775–1778.
84. Greenfield JM, Shah SJ, Levine LA. Verapamil vs. saline in electromotive drug administration (EDMA) for Peyronie's disease: a double blind, placebo controlled trial. J Urol 2007; 177: 972–975.
85. Ojingwa JC, Isseroff RR. Electrical stimulation of wound healing. J Invest Dermatol 2003; 121: 1–12.
86. Preito Castro RM, Leva Vallejo ME, Regueiro Lopez JC et al. Combined treatment with vitamin E and colchicines in the early stages of Peyronie's disease. BJU Int 2003; 91: 522–524.
87. Mirone V, Palmieri A, Granata AM et al. Ultrasound- Guided ESWT in Peyronie's disease plaques. Arch Ital Urol Androl 2000; 72: 384–387.
88. Mirone V, Imbimbo C, Palmieri A et al. Our experience on the association of a new physical and medical therapy in patients suffering from induration penis plastica. Eur Urol 1999; 36: 327–330.
89. Cavallini G, Biagiotti G, Koverech A et al. Oral propionyl- l-carnitine and intraplaque verapamil in the therapy of advanced and resistant Peyronie's disease. BJU Int 2002; 89: 895–900.
90. Levine LA, Lenting EL. Experience with a surgical algorithm for Peyronie's disease. J Urol 1997; 158: 2149–2152.
91. Moncada I, Jara J, Marinez J et al. Managing Penile Shortening After Peyronie's Disease Surgery. [Abst 750] Annual Meeting of the American Urological Association; 2007.
92. Taylor FL, Levine LA. Surgical Correction of Peyronie's Disease via Tunica Albuginea Plication or Plaque Partial Excision with Pericardial Graft: Long Term Follow-Up. [Abst 748 ] Annual Meeting of the American Urological Association; 2007.
93. Kadioglu A, Sanli O, Akman T et al. Graft materials in Peyronie's disease surgery: a comprehensive review. J Sex Med 2007; 4: 581–595.
94. Greenfield JM, Estrada CR, Levine LA. Erectile dysfunction following surgical correction of Peyronie's disease and a pilot study of the use of sildenafil citrate rehabilitation for postoperative erectile dysfunction. J Sex Med 2005; 2: 241–247.
95. Carson CC, Hodge GB, Anderson EE. Penile prosthesis in Peyronie's disease. Br J Urol 1983; 55: 417–421
96. Ghanem HM, Fahmy I, El Meliegy A. Malleable penile implants without plaque surgery in the treatment of Peyronie's disease. Int J Impot Res 1998; 10: 171–173.
97. Levine LA, Dimitriou RJ. A surgical algorithm for penile prosthesis placement in men with erectile failure and Peyronie's disease. Int J Impot Res 2000; 12: 147–151.
98. Levine LA, Estrada CR, Morgentaler A. Mechanical reliability and safety of and patient satisfaction with the Ambicor inflatable penile prosthesis: results of a two center study. J Urol 2001; 166: 932–937.
99. Montague DK, AngermeierKW, Lakin MM, Ingleright BJ. AMS 3-piece inflatable penile prosthesis implantation in men with Peyronie's disease: comparison of CX and Ultrex cylinders. J Urol 1996; 156: 1633–1635.
100. Dowalczyk JJ, Mulcahy JJ. Penile curvatures and aneurismal defects with the Ultrex penile prosthesis corrected with insertion of the AMS 700CX. J Urol 1996; 156: 398–401.
101. Montorsi F, Rigatti P, Carmignani G et al. AMS three-piece inflatable implants for erectile dysfunction: a long-term multi-institutional study in 200 consecutive patients. Eur Urol. 2000; 37: 50–55.
Literatura k tabulce 2
1. Daitch JA, Angermeier KW, Montague DK. Modified corporoplasty for penile curvature: long-term results and patient satisfaction. J Urol 1999; 162: 2006– 2009.
2. Gholami SS, Lue TF. Correction of penile curvature using the 16-dot plication technique: a review of 132 patients. J Urol 2002; 167: 2066–2069.
3. Syed AH, Abbasi Z, Hargreave TB. Nesbit procedure for disabling Peyronie's curvature: a median follow-up of 84 months. Urology 2003; 61: 999–1003.
4. Savoca G, Scieri F, Pietropaolo F et al. Straightening corporoplasty for Peyronie's disease: a review of 218 patients with median follow-up of 89 months. Eur Urol 2004; 6: 610–614.
5. Rolle L, Tamagnone A, Timpano M et al. The Nesbit operation for penile curvature: an easy and effective technical modification. J Urol 2005; 173: 171–173.
6. Bella AJ, Beasley KA, Obied A, Brock GB. Minimally invasive intracorporeal incision of Peyronie's plaque: initial experiences with a new technique. Urology 2006; 68: 852–857.
7. Greenfield JM, Lucas S, Levine LA. Factors affecting the loss of length associated with tunica albuginea plication for correction of penile curvature. J Urol 2006; 175: 238–241.
Literatura k tabulce 3
1. Gelbard MK. Relaxing incisions in the correction of penile deformity due to Peyronie's disease. J Urol 1995; 154: 1457–1460.
2. El-Sakka AI, Rashwan HM, Lue TF. Venous patch graft for Peyronie's disease. Part II: outcome analysis. J Urol 1998; 160: 2050–2053.
3. Hatzichristou DG, Hatzimouratidis K, Apostolidis A et al. Corporoplasty using tunica albuginea free grafts for penile curvature: surgical technique and long-term results. J Urol 2002; 167: 1367–1370.
4. Egydio PH, Lucon AM, Arap S. Treatment of Peyronie's disease by incomplete circumferential incision of the tunica albuginea and plaque with bovine pericardium graft. Urology 2002; 59: 570–574.
5. Levine LA, Estrada CR. Human cadaveric pericardial graft for the surgical correction of Peyronie's disease. J Urol 2003; 170: 2359–2362.
6. Kalsi J, Minhas S, Christopher N, Ralph D. The results of plaque incision and venous grafting (Lue procedure) to correct the penile deformity of Peyronie's disease. BJU Int 2005; 95: 1029–1033.
7. Breyer BN, Brant WO, Garcia MM et al. Complications of porcine small intestine submucosa graft for Peyronie's disease. J Urol 2007; 177: 589–591.
8. Hsu GL, Chen HS, Hsieh CH et al. Long-term results of autologous venous grafts for penile morphological reconstruction. J Androl 2007; 28: 186–193.