1. Scerpa MC, Daniele N, Landi F, et al. Automated washing of human progenitor cells: evaluation of apoptosis and cell necrosis. Transfusion Medicine 2011;21:402–407.
2. Shu Z, Heimfeld S, Gao D. Hematopoietic SCT with cryopreserved grafts: adverse reactions after transplantation and cryoprotectant removal before infusion. Bone Marrow Transplantation 2014;49:469–476.
3. Windrum P, Morris TCM, Drake MB, et al. Variation in dimethyl sulfoxide use in stem cell transplantation: a survey of EBMT centres. Bone Marrow Transplantation 2005;36:601–603.
4. Rowley SD. Hematopoietic stem cell cryopreservation: a review of current techniques. Journal of Hematotherapy 1992;1:233–250.
5. Akkok CA, Holte MR, Tangen JM, et al. Hematopoietic engraftment of dimethyl sulfoxide-depleted autologous peripheral blood progenitor cells. Transfusion 2009;49:354–361.
6. Alessandrino E, Bernasconi P, Caldera D, et al. Adverse events occurring during bone marrow or peripheral blood progenitor cell infusion: analysis of 126 cases. Bone Marrow Transplantation 1999;23:533–537.
7. Davis JM, Rowley SD, Braine HG, et al. Clinical toxicity of cryopreserved bone-marrow graft infusion. Blood 1990;75:781–786.
8. Zenhausern R, Tobler A, Leoncini L, et al. Fatal cardiac arrhythmia after infusion of dimethyl sulfoxide-cryopreserved hematopoietic stem cells in a patient with severe primary cardiac amyloidosis and end-stage renal failure. Annals of Hematology 2000;79:523–526.
9. Benekli M, Anderson B, Wentling D, et al. Severe respiratory depression after dimethylsulphoxide-containing autologous stem cell infusion in a patient with AL amyloidosis. Bone Marrow Transplantation 2000;25:1299–1301.
10. Hoyt R, Szer J, Grigg A. Neurological events associated with the infusion of cryopreserved bone marrow and/or peripheral blood progenitor cells. Bone Marrow Transplantation 2000;25:1285–1287.
11. Hequet O, Dumontet C, El Jaafari-Corbin A, et al. Epileptic seizures after autologous peripheral blood progenitor infusion in a patient treated with high-dose chemotherapy for myeloma. Bone Marrow Transplantation 2002;29:544.
12. Bojanic I, Cepulic BG, Mazic S, et al. Toxicity related to autologous peripheral blood haematopoietic progenitor cell infusion is associated with number of granulocytes in graft, gender and diagnosis of multiple myeloma. Vox Sanguinis 2008;95:70–75.
13. Calmels B, Lemarie C, Esterni B, et al. Occurrence and severity of adverse events after autologous hematopoletic progenitor cell infusion are related to the amount of granulocytes in the apheresis product. Transfusion 2007;47:1268–1275.
14. Rubinstein P, Dobrila L, Rosenfield RE, et al. Processing and cryopreservation of placental/umbilical cord blood for unrelated bone marrow reconstitution. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1995;92:10119–10122.
15. Rodriguez L, Velasco B, Garcia J, Martin-Henao GA. Evaluation of an automated cell processing device to reduce the dimethyl sulfoxide from hematopoietic grafts after thawing. Transfusion 2005;45:1391–1397.
16. Fois E, Desmartin M, Benhamida S, et al. Recovery, viability and clinical toxicity of thawed and washed haematopoietic progenitor cells: analysis of 952 autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantations. Bone Marrow Transplantation 2007;40:831–835.
17. Adamusova L, Koristek Z, Smejkalova J, et al. Results of Sepax 2 validation for washing of PBSC transplants after thawing and process optimization. Bone Marrow Transplantation 2016;51:S325–S326.
18. Lemarie C, Calmels B, Malenfant C, et al. Clinical experience with the delivery of thawed and washed autologous blood cells, with an automated closed fluid management device: CytoMate. Transfusion 2005;45:737–742.
19. Saccardi R, Blanquer M, Boieri M, et al. Washing of thawed PBSC graft by a fully automated, clinical-grade method: results of a prospective, multicentre trial. Bone Marrow Transplantation 2013;48:S184.
20. Abonnenc M, Pesse B, Tissot JD, et al. Automatic washing of thawed haematopoietic progenitor cell grafts: a preclinical evaluation. Vox Sanguinis 2017;112:367–378.
21. Sanchez-Salinas A, Cabanas-Perianes V, Blanquer M, et al. An automatic wash method for dimethyl sulfoxide removal in autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation decreases the adverse effects related to infusion. Transfusion 2012;52:2382–2386.