Hearing Screening of Newborns in the Regional Hospital Pardubice


Authors: J. Škvrňáková 1,2;  R. Burešová 1,3
Authors‘ workplace: Fakulta zdravotnických studií, Univerzita Pardubice 1;  Klinika otorinolaryngologie a chirurgie hlavy a krku, Pardubická krajská nemocnice, a. s. 2;  Dětské a novorozenecké oddělení, Pardubická krajská nemocnice, a. s. 3
Published in: Otorinolaryng. a Foniat. /Prague/, 64, 2015, No. 3, pp. 153-156.
Category: Original Papers

Overview

Across-the-board auditory screening of newborns using otoacoustic emissions has been taking place in Pardubice Regional Hospital, Inc. since 2007. We present the results of a new study carried out in the period from February 2 to November 11, 2014. A total of 441 newborns were included in the study; they were divided into two groups. The first group represented risk-free (physiological) newborns - 357 and the second group represented at-risk newborns - 84. In the first group of physiological newborns (357), 348 (97.5 %) had otoacoustic emissions with a positive response and the remaining 9 (2.5 %) had otoacoustic emissions with a negative response. In the second group represented by at-risk newborns (84), 80 (95.2 %) had otoacoustic emissions with a positive response and the remaining 4 (4.8 %) had otoacoustic emissions with a negative response. In our study group, the number of positive and negative responses to sound irritation using otoacoustic emissions was the same for physiological and at-risk newborns according to statistical testing (Fisher's exact test). The results confirm the fact that auditory screening should be performed in all newborns.

Keywords:
auditory screening, otoacoustic emissions, physiological and at-risk newborn


Sources

1. Dlouhá, O., Černý, L.: Foniatrie. Karolinum, Praha, 2012, s. 90-116.

2. Heger, L.: Metodický pokyn k provádění screeningu sluchu u novorozenců. Věstník Ministerstva zdravotnictví České republiky [online]. 2012, částka 7, s. 18-22. [cit. 2014-11-20]. ISSN 1211-0868. Dostupné z: http://www.mzcr.cz/Legislativa/dokumenty/vestnik-c7/2012_6706_2510_11.html.

3. Kabelka, Z., Vymlátilová, E., Groh, D. et al.: Kochleární implantace u dětí – souhrn praktických poznatků programu kochleárních implantací u dětí v České republice. Neonatologické listy, 19/1, 2013, s. 20-25.

4. Kalvach, Z.: Křehký pacient a primární péče. Grada, Praha, 2011, s. 70.

5. Komínek, P.: Screening sluchu – současné možnosti vyšetřování. Medical Tribune [online]. 2009. [cit. 2014-11-20]. ISSN 1214-8911. Dostupné z: http://www.tribune.cz/clanek/13748-screening-sluchu-amp-soucasne-moznosti-vysetrovani.

6. Metzger, D., Pezier, T. F., Veraguth D.: Evaluation of universal newborn hearing screening in Switzerland 2012 and follow-up data for Zurich. Swiss Medical Weekly [online]. 243, 2013, 13905, s 1-7. [cit. 2014. 11. 20.]. ISSN 1424-3997. Dostupné z: <http://www.smw.ch/scripts/stream_pdf.php?doi=smw-2013-13905>.

7. Motejzíková, J.: Screeningové vyšetření sluchu: Zkušenosti a možnosti. Ruce, 2011. Dostupné z: http://ruce.cz/clanky/655-screeningove-vysetreni-sluchu-zkusenosti-a-moznosti.

8. Muknšnáblová, M.: Péče o dítě s postižením sluchu. Grada, Praha, 2014, s. 8.

9. Myslivcová, N.: Lékaři chtějí prosadit plošný screening sluchu u novorozenců. Medical tribune [on-line]. 2013. [cit 2014. 11. 20]. ISSN 1214-8911. Dostupné z: http://www.tribune.cz/clanek/29257-lekari-chteji-prosadit-plosny-screeningsluchu-u-novorozencu.

10. Pardubická krajská nemocnice. ORL- Screening sluchu u novorozenců [on-line]. 2009 [cit. 2014-11-20]. Dostupné z: http://www.nemocnice-pardubice.cz/stranka/kliniky-a-oddeleni/usni-nosni-krcni/orl-screening-sluchu-u-novorozencu/.

11. Praisler, J., Chrobok,V., Boháčová, E., Suchánková, I., Slaviková, M., Němec, V.: Naše jednoroční zkušenosti s celoplošným screeningem sluchu. XIX. celostátní foniatrické dny Evy Sedláčkové, 6. česko-slovenský foniatrický kongres, Jablonné nad Orlicí, 25. - 27. 9. 2008.

12. Praisler J., Chrobok V., Boháčová E., Suchánková I., Slaviková M., Bočkayová E., Sodomková M., Stauberová I.: Čtyřleté zkušenosti s celoplošným screeningem sluchu novorozenců v Pardubicích, 51. otologický den, Hradec Králové, 1. 12. 2011.

13. Sekeráková, M., Skybalová, J.: Screening sluchu u novorozence. Pediatrie pro praxi, 12, 2011, 1, s. 45-47.

Labels
Audiology Paediatric ENT ENT (Otorhinolaryngology)
Login
Forgotten password

Don‘t have an account?  Create new account

Forgotten password

Enter the email address that you registered with. We will send you instructions on how to set a new password.

Login

Don‘t have an account?  Create new account