1. Boyer DS, Faber D, Gupta S et al. Ozurdex CHAMPLAIN Study Group. Dexamethazon intravitreal implant for treatment of diabetic macular edema in vitrectomized pacients. Retina 2011: 4 (Epub ahead of print).
2. DRCR Network, Browning DJ, Glassman AR et al. Relationship between optical coherence tomography-measured central retinal thickness and visual acuity in diabetic macular edema. Opthalmology 2007; 114: 525–536.
3. DRCR Network. Factors asscociated with visual acuity outcomes after vitrectomy for diabetic macular edema. Retina 2010; 30: 1488–1495.
4. Early Treatment Diabetic Retinopathy Study Research Group. Treatment techniques and clinical quidelines for photocoagulation of diabetic macular edema. Early Treatment Diabetic Retinopathy Study Report No. 2. Opthalmology 1987; 94: 761–774.
5. Figuera J, Khan J, Nunes N et al. Prospective randomized controlled trial comparing sub--threshold diode laser photocoagulation and conventional green laser for clinically significant macula edema. Br J Opthalmol 2009; 93: 1341–1344.
6. Hikichi T, Fujio N, Akiba J et al. Association between the short-term natural history of diabetic macular edema and vitreomacular relationship in the II diabetes mellitus. Opthalmology 1997; 104: 473–478.
7. Chew EY, Klein ML, Ferris FL et al. Association of elevated serum lipid levels with retinal hard exudate in diabetic retinopathy. Early Treatment Diabetic Retinopathy Study (ETDRS) Report 22. Arch Opthalmol 1996; 114: 1079–1084.
8. Kampik A. Vitrectomy a viable option in select DME cases. Ocular surgery news 2012; 2: 22.
9. Murphy R. Therapeutic triangulation: The DME treatment revolution. Retinal physician 2012; 4: 54–57.
10. Nasrallah FP, Jalkh EA, Van Copenolle F et al. The role of the vitreous in diabetic macular edema. Opthalmology 1988; 95: 1335–1339.
11. Nguyen QD, Brown DM, Marcus DM et al. Ranibizumab for diabetic macular edema: result from 2 phase III randomized trials: RISE and RIDE. Opthalmology 2012; 119: 1064–1073.
12. Park JH, Woo SJ, Ho YJ et al. Effect of vitrectomy on microcirculation in patients with diffuse macular edema. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Opthalmol 2009; 217: 1009–1017.
13. The READ-2 Study Group. Two-year outcomes of ranibizumab for edema of the macula in diabetes (READ-2) study. Opthalmology 2010; 117: 2146–2151.
14. The RESTORE Study Group. Ranibizumab monoteraphy or combined with laser monotherapy for diabetic macular edema. Opthalmology 2011; 118: 615–625.
15. UK Prospective Study Group. UKPDS38. Tight blood pressure control and risk of macrovascular and microvascular complication in type 2 diabetes mellitus. BMJ 1998; 317: 703–713.
16.Virgil G, Manchini F, Diamastrogiovanni AF et al. Optical coherence tomography versus stereoscopic fundus photography or biomicroscophy for diagnostic macular edema. Inv. Opthalmol Vis Sci 2007; 48: 4963–4973.
17. Vujosevic S, Bottega E, Casciano M et al. Microperimetry and fundus autofluorescence in diabetic macular edema: subthreshold micropulse diode laser versus modified early treatment diabetic retinopathy study laser photocoagulation. Retina 2010; 30: 908–916.