1. Arentz T, von Rosenthal J, Blum T et al. Feasibility and safety of pulmonary vein isolation using a new mapping and navigation system in patients with refractory atrial fibrillation. Circulation 2003; 108: 2484-2490.
2. Cappato R, Negroni S, Pecora D et al. Prospective assessment of late conduction recurrence across radiofrequency lesions producing electrical disconnection at the pulmonary vein ostium in patients with atrial fibrillation. Circulation 2003; 108: 1599-1604.
3. Haïssaguerre M, Jais P, Shah DC et al. Right and left atrial radiofrequency catheter therapy of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 1996; 7: 1132-1144.
4. Haïssaguerre M, Jais P, Shah DC et al. Spontaneous initiation of atrial fibrillation by ectopic beats originating in the pulmonary veins. N Engl J Med 1998; 339: 659-666.
5. Haïssaguerre M, Shah DC, Jais P et al. Electrophysiological breakthroughs from the left atrium to the pulmonary veins. Circulation 2000; 101: 1409-1417.
6. Hwang C, Karagueuzian HS, Chen PS. Idiopathic paroxysmal atrial fibrillation induced by focal discharge mechanism in the left superior pulmonary vein: Possible roles of the ligament of Mashall. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 1999; 10: 636-648.
7. Jalife J, Berenfeld O, Mansour M. Mother rotors and fibrillatory conduction: A mechanism of atrial fibrillation. Cardiovasc Res 2002; 54: 204-216.
8. Macle L, Jaïs P, Weerasooriya R et al. Irrigated-tip catheter ablation of pulmonary veins for treatment of atrial fibrillation. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 2002; 13: 1067-1073.
9. Maloney JD, Milner L, Barold S et al. Two-staged biatrial linear and focal ablation to restore sinus rhythm in patients with refractory chronic atrial fibrillation. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 1998; 21: 2527-2532.
10. Mandapati R, Skanes A, Chen J et al. Stable microreentrant sources as a mechanism of atrial fibrillation in the isolated sheep heart. Circulation 2000; 1: 194-199.
11. Marrouche NF, Dresing T, Cole C et al. Circular mapping and ablation of the pulmonary vein for treatment of atrial fibrillation. J Am Coll Cardiol 2002; 40: 464-474.
12. Oral H, Scharf C, Chugh A et al. Catheter ablation for paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: segmental pulmonary vein ostial ablation versus left atrial ablation. Circulation 2003; 108: 2355-2360.
13. Pappone C, Oreto G, Lamberti F, et al. Catheter ablation of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation using 3D mapping system. Circulation 1999; 100: 1203-1208.
14. Pappone C, Oreto G, Rosanio S et al. Atrial electroanatomic remodelling after circumferential radiofrequency pulmonary vein ablation. Efficacy of an anatomic approach in a large cohort of patients with atrial fibrillation. Circulation 2001; 104: 2539-2544.
15. Pappone C, Rosanio S, Augello G et al. Mortality, morbidity, and quality of life after circumferential pulmonary vein ablation for atrial fibrillation. J Am Coll Cardiol 2003; 42: 185-197.
16. Pappone C, Rosanio S, Oreto G et al. Circumferential radiofrequency ablation of pulmonary vein ostia. A new anatomic approach for curing atrial fibrillation. Circulation 2000; 102: 2619-2628.
17. Pappone C, Santinelli V, Manguso F et al. Pulmonary vein denervation enhances long-term benefit after circumferential ablation for paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. Circulation 2004; 109: 327-334.
18. Platonov PG, Mitrofanova LB, Chireikin LV et al. Morphology of interatrial conduction routes in patients with atrial fibrillation. Europace 2002; 4: 183-192.
19. Pürerfellner H, Cihal R, Aichinger J et al. Pulmonary vein stenosis by ostial irrigated-tip ablation: Incidence, time course, and prediction. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 2003; 14: 158-164.
20. Taylor GW, Neal GK, Zheng X et al. Pathological effects of extensive radiofrequency applications in the pulmonary veins in dogs. Circulation 2000; 101: 1736-1742.