1. Masud T, Blundell A, Gordon AL, et al. European undergraduate curriculum in geriatric medicine developed using an international modified Delphi technice. Age and Ageing 2014; 43: 695–702
2. Topinková E, Mádlová P. Pregraduální výuka geriatrie a „Evropské curriculum pro výuku geriatrie na lékařských fakultách“ doporučené UEMS – Sekcí geriatrické medicíny 2014. Geri a Gero 2014; 3(2): 95–99.
3. Stuck AE, Jónsdóttir AB, Singler K, et al. The length of postgraduate training for geriatric medicine in European countries: An update for the year 2015. Aging Clin Exp Res. Doi: 10.1007/s40520-015-0514-1
4. World Health Organization. World Report on Ageing and Health, 2015. Dostupné z: http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/186463/1/9789240694811_eng.pdf?ua=1
5. Gulland A. Older people are not a burden says WHO. BMJ 2015; 351: h5272.
6. Fox MT, Persaud M, Maimets I, et al. Effectiveness of acute geriatric unit care using acute care for elders components: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Am Geriatr Soc 2012; 60(12): 2237–2245.
7. Stuck AE, Siu AL, Wieland GD, et al. Comprehensive geriatric assessment: a meta-analysis of controlled trials. Lancet 1993; 342: 1032–1036.
8. Ellis G, Whitehead Martin A, O’Neill D, et al. Comprehensive geriatric assessment for older adults admitted to hospital. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2011; (7): CD006211. Doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD006211.pub2.
9. Ellis G, Langhorne P. Comprehensive geriatric assessment for older hospital patients. Br Med Bull 2005; 71: 45–59.
10. Kolb G, Andersen-Ranberg K, Cruz-Jentoft A, et al. Geriatric care in Europe – the EUGMS Survey, part I: Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom. Eur Geriatr Med 2011; 2: 290–295.
11. Mateos-Nozal J, Beard JR. Global approaches to geriatrics in medical education. Eur Geriatr Med 2011; 2: 87–92.
12. Singler K, Holm EA, Jackson T. European postgraduate training in geriatric medicine: data of systematic international survey. Ageing Clin Exp Res 2015; 27: 741–750.
13. Gordon AL, Hubbard R. Education in geriatric medicine in Brocklehurst’s textbook of geriatric medicine (8. vyd). 2015.
14. Landefeld CS, Callahan CM, Woolard N. General internal medicine and geriatrics: building a foundation to improve the training of general internists in the care of older adults. Ann Intern Med 2002; 139; 609–614.
15. Barnes DE, Palmer RM, Kresevic DM. Acute care for elderly units produced shorter hospital stays at lower cost while maintaining patients’ functional status. Health Affairs 2012; 31: 1227–1236.
16. Oliver D, Burns E. Geriatric medicine and geriatricians in the UK. How they relate to acute and general internal medicine and what the future might hold? Future Hospitals Journal 2015.
17. Conroy SP, Ansari K, Williams M, et al. A controlled evaluation of comprehensive geriatric assessment in the emergency department: the ‘Emergency Frailty Unit’. Age Ageing 2014; 43: 109–114
18. Wyrko Z. Frailty at the front door. Clinical Medicine 2015; (4): 377–381.
19. Baztan JJ, Suarez-Garcia FM, et al. Efficiency of acute geriatric units: a meta-analysis of controlled studies. Revista espanola de geriatria y gerontologia 2011; 46(4): 186–192.
20. The Kings Fund. Eileen Burns. Leeds Interface Geriatrics Service. London, The Kings Fund 2014. Dostupné z: http://www.kingsfund.org.uk/audio-video/eileen-burns-leeds-interface-geriatrician-service
21. Gladman J, Kearney F, Ali A, et al. University of Nottingham. Medical crises in older people. Discussion paper. The role of the interface geriatrician. Nottingham 2012. Dostupné z: http://nottingham.ac.uk/mcop/documents/papers/issue9-mcop-issn2044-4230.pdf
22. Koduah D, Inegbenebor D, Ambepitiya J. Reducing inappropriate admissions of older people into acute hospitals: The role of a rapid access clinic in a community hospital. Age Ageing 2014; 43(1).
23. Oliver D, Foot C, Humphries R. Making health and care systems fit for an ageing population. London, The Kings Fund 2014. Dostupné z: http://www.kingsfund.org.uk/sites/files/kf/field/field_publication_file/making-health-care-systems-fit-ageing-population-oliver-foot-humphries-mar14.pdf
24. Silvester K, Mohammed M, Harriman P, et al. Timely care for frail older people referred to hospital improves efficiency and reduces mortality without the need for extra resources. Age Ageing 2013: 10: 1093.
25. NICE Guideline CG 161. Falls. Assessment and prevention of falls in older people. London: NICE 2013. Dostupné z: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg161
26. Gillespie L, Robertson M, Gillespie W. Interventions for preventing falls in older people living in the community (Review). Cochrane Library 2012. Dostupné z: http://www.bhfactive.org.uk/userfiles/Documents/Cochranereviewfalls.pdf
27. Newcastle Hospitals. Syncope Service. Dostupné z: http://www.newcastlehospitals.org.uk/services/falls-syncope.aspx
28. Age UK and National Osteoporosis Society. Breaking through. Building better falls and fractures services in England. Report for the Minister of State for Care Services. NOS: Bath. 2012. Dostupné z: https://www.nos.org.uk/document.doc?id=987
29. Skelly R, Brown L, Fakis A. Hospitalisation in Parkinson’s Disease. Parkinsonism Related Disorders 2015; 21(3): 277–281.
30. Goldberg SE, Bradshaw LE, Kearney F, et al. Care in specialist medical and mental health unit compared with standard care for older people with cognitive impairment admitted to general hospital: a randomised controlled trial. BMJ 2013; 347.
31. National Institute for HealthCare and Clinical Excellence (NICE). Clinical Guideline 103. Delirium. Diagnosis, prevention and management. London: Nice 2010. Dostupné z: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg103
32. Royal College of Psychiatrists. Liaison psychiatry and the management of long-term conditions and medically unexplained symptoms. London: Royal College of Psychiatrists 2012. Dostupné z: www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/Liaison-psychiatry-faculty-report.pdf
33. Mears S, Kates SL. A guide to improving care of patients with fragility fractures, 2. vyd. Geriatric Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation 2015; 6: 58–120.
34. Royal college of physicians. Falls and fragility fractures audit programme. National hip fracture database report. London, 2014. RCP. Dostupné z: http://www.nhfd.co.uk/20/hipfractureR.nsf/vwcontent/2014reportPDFs/$file/NHFD2014SummaryReport.pdf?OpenElement
35. Dhesi J. Setting up a proactive service to make surgery safer for older people. London, Health Foundation 2013. Dostupné z: http://patientsafety.health.org.uk/sites/default/files/resources/setting_up_a_proactive_service_to_make_surgery_safer_for_older_people_1.pdf
36. Gosney M. Geriatric Oncology. Age and Ageing 2009; 38 (6): 644–654.
37. Langhorne P, Holmqvist L. Early supported discharge after stroke. J Rehabil Med 2007; 39 (2): 103–108.
38. Oliver D, Healey F, Haines T. Preventing falls and falls-related injuries in hospitals. Clinics in Geriatric Medicine. Ganz D, Rubenstein L, eds. 2010.
39. Shepperd S. How community geriatricians are the linchpins of elder care. Health Service Journal 2009. Dostupné z: http://www.hsj.co.uk/resource-centre/best-practice/how-community-geriatricians-are-the-linchpin-of-elder-care/5002254.article
40. Gorja O J. The older patient: the need for Geriatric Units. Eur Geriatr Med 2015. Dostupné z: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eurger.2015.04.004