The 140th anniversary of the opening of the “St. Apollinaire’s” National Maternity Hospital
Gynekologicko-porodnická klinika 1. lékařské fakulty UK a VFN v Praze
Anest. intenziv. Med., 26, 2015, č. 5, s. 305-307
The National Maternity Hospital, also known as “St. Apollinaire’s”, and officially the Gynecological-Maternity Clinic of the First Medical Faculty and General Faculty Hospital of Charles University, celebrated the 140th anniversary of its opening on April 28th, 2015. This hospital is one of the longest operating maternity hospitals in the world.The National Maternity Hospital has been continuously operating since 1875, when a baby girl was first born in what was then known as the Royal National Maternity and Foundling Hospital in Prague. The architect and builder of this hospital was Josef Hlávka (1831–1908) – one of the greatest patrons of Czech sciences, culture and education.
Anaesthesiology, Resuscitation and Inten
Intensive Care Medicine