1. Brown RS Jr. Live donors in liver transplantation. Gastroenterology 2008; 134(6): 1802–1813.
2. Kamath PS, Wiesner RH, Malinchoc M et al. A model to predict survival in patients with end-stage liver disease. Hepatology 2001; 33(2): 464–470.
3. Adam R, Karam V, Delvart V et al. Evolution of indications and results of liver transplantation in Europe. A report from the European Liver Transplant Registry (ELTR). J Hepatol 2012; 57(3): 675–688.
4. Mazzaferro V, Regalia E, Doci R et al. Liver transplantation for the treatment of small hepatocellular carcinomas in patients with cirrhosis. N Engl J Med 1996; 334(11): 693–699.
5. Yao FY, Ferrell L, Bass NM et al. Liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma: expansion of the tumor size limits does not adversely impact survival. Hepatology 2001; 33(6): 1394–1403.
6. Trunečka P, Boillot O, Seehofer D et al. Once-daily prolonged-release tacrolimus (ADVAGRAF) versus twice-daily tacrolimus (PROGRAF) in liver transplantation. Am J Transplant 2010; 10(10): 2313–2323.
7. Boillot O, Mayer DA, Boudjema K et al. Corticosteroid-free immunosuppression with tacrolimus following induction with daclizumab: a large randomized clinical study. Liver Transpl 2005; 11(1): 61–67.
8. Neumann U, Samuel D, Trunečka P et al. A randomized multicenter study comparing a tacrolimus-based protocol with and without steroids in HCV-positive liver allograft recipients. J Transplant 2012; doi: 10.1155/2012/894215.
9. Rowe IA, Webb K, Gunson BK et al. The impact of disease recurrence on graft survival following liver transplantation: a single centre experience. Transpl Int 2008; 21(5): 459–465.
10. Gedaly R, McHugh PP, Johnston TD et al. Predictors of relapse to alcohol and illicit drugs after liver transplantation for alcoholic liver disease. Transplantation 2008; 86(8): 1090–1095.
11. Olthoff KM, Brown RS Jr, Delmonico FL et al. Summary report of a national conference: Evolving concepts in liver allocation in the MELD and PELD era. December 8, 2003, Washington, DC, USA. Liver Transpl 2004; 10 (10 Suppl 2): A6–A22.
12. Wai H, Stepanova M, Saab S et al. Inpatient economic and mortality assessment for liver transplantation: a nationwide study of the United States data from 2005 to 2009. Transplantation 2013. [In press].
13. Renz JF, Yersiz H, Reichert PR et al. Split-liver transplantation: a review. Am J Transplant 2003; 3(11): 1323–1335.
14. Shimada M, Fujii M, Morine Y et al. Living-donor liver transplantation: present status and future perspective. J Med Invest 2005; 52(1–2): 22–32.
15. Mehrabi A, Fonouni H, Müller SA et al. Current concepts in transplant surgery: liver transplantation today. Langenbecks Arch Surg 2008; 393(3): 245–260.
16. Davis CL. Kidney failure in liver transplantation: it is time for action. Am J Transplant 2006; 6(11): 2533–2534.
17. McCaughan GW, Vajdic CM. De novo malignant disease after liver transplantation? Risk and surveillance strategies. Liver Transpl 2013; doi: 10.1002/lt.23738.