1. Ústav zdravotnických informací a statistiky čR. www.uzis.cz.
2. Ferlay J, Autier P, Boniol M et al. Estimates of the cancer incidence and mortality in Europe in 2006. Ann Oncol 2007; 18: 581-92.
3. Moul JW, Wu H, Sun L et al. Epidemiology of radical prostatectomy for localized prostate cancer in the era of prostate-specific antigen: an overview of the Department of Defense Center for Prostate Disease Research national database. Surgery 2002; 132: 213-219.
4. Aus G, Abbou CC, Bolla M et al. EAU guidelines on prostate cancer. Eur Urol 2005; 48: 546-551.
5. Stanford JL, Feng Z, Hamilton AS et al. Urinary and sexual function after radical prostatectomy for clinically localized prostate cancer: the Prostate Cancer Outcomes Study. Jama 2000; 283: 354-360.
6. Walsh PC, Donker PJ. Impotence following radical prostatectomy: insight into etiology and prevention. J Urol 1982; 128: 492-497.
7. Walsh PC, Mostwin JL. Radical prostatectomy and cystoprostatectomy with preservation of potency. Results using a new nerve-sparing technique. Br J Urol 1984; 56: 694-697.
8. Nandipati KC, Raina R, Agarwal A et al. Erectile dysfunction following radical retropubic prostatectomy: epidemiology, pathophysiology and pharmacological management. Drugs Aging 2006; 23: 101-117.
9. Walsh PC. Radical prostatectomy for localized prostate cancer provides durable cancer control with excellent quality of life: a structured debate. J Urol 2000; 163: 1802-1807.
10. Hu JC, Elkin EP, Pasta DJ et al. Predicting quality of life after radical prostatectomy: results from CaPSURE. J Urol 2004; 171: 703-707.
11. Penson DF, McLerran D, Feng Z et al. 5-year urinary and sexual outcomes after radical prostatectomy: results from the prostate cancer outcomes study. J Urol 2005; 173: 1701-1705.
12. Robinson JW, Moritz S, Fung T. Meta-analysis of rates of erectile function after treatment of localized prostate carcinoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2002; 54: 1063-1068.
13. Moreland RB, Traish A, McMillin MA et al. PGE1 suppresses the induction of collagen synthesis by transforming growth factor-beta 1 in human corpus cavernosum smooth muscle. J Urol 1995; 153: 826-834.
14. Podlasek CA, Gonzalez CM, Zelner DJ et al. Analysis of NOS isoform changes in a post radical prostatectomy model of erectile dysfunction. Int J Impot Res 2001; 13(suppl 5): S1-15.
15. User HM, Hairston JH, Zelner DJ et al. Penile weight and cell subtype specific changes in a post-radical prostatectomy model of erectile dysfunction. J Urol 2003; 169: 1175-1179.
16. Leungwattanakij S, Bivalacqua TJ, Usta MF et al. Cavernous neurotomy causes hypoxia and fibrosis in rat corpus cavernosum. J Androl 2003; 24: 239-245.
17. Iacono F, Giannella R, Somma P et al. Histological alterations in cavernous tissue after radical prostatectomy. J Urol 2005; 173: 1673-1676.
18. Raina R, Agarwal A, Ausmundson S et al. Early use of vacuum constriction device following radical prostatectomy facilitates early sexual activity and potentially earlier return of erectile function. Int J Impot Res 2006; 18: 77-81.
19. Mulhall JP, Slovick R, Hotaling J et al. Erectile dysfunction after radical prostatectomy: hemodynamic profiles and their correlation with the recovery of erectile function. J Urol 2002; 167: 1371-1375.
20. Polascik TJ, Walsh PC. Radical retropubic prostatectomy: the influence of accessory pudendal arteries on the recovery of sexual function. J Urol 1995; 154: 150-152.
21. McCullough AR. Sexual dysfunction after radical prostatectomy. Rev Urol 2005; 7(suppl 2): S3-S10.
22. Montorsi F, Briganti A, Salonia A et al. Current and future strategies for preventing and managing erectile dysfunction following radical prostatectomy. Eur Urol 2004; 45: 123-133.
23. Burnett AL, Becker RE. Immunophilin ligands promote penile neurogenesis and erection recovery after cavernous nerve injury. J Urol 2004; 171: 495-500.
24. Donatucci CF, Greenfield JM. Recovery of sexual function after prostate cancer treatment. Curr Opin Urol 2006; 16: 444-448.
25. Heidenreich A, Aus G, Abbou CC et al. Guidelines on Prostate Cancer: European Asociation of Urology Guidelines. Arnhem: EAU 2007.
26. Graefen M, Haese A, Pichlmeier U et al. A validated strategy for side specific prediction of organ confined prostate cancer: a tool to select for nerve sparing radical prostatectomy. J Urol 2001; 165: 857-863.
27. Graefen M, Walz J, Huland H. Open retropubic nerve-sparing radical prostatectomy. Eur Urol 2006; 49: 38-48.
28. Ohori M, Kattan MW, Koh H et al. Predicting the presence and side of extracapsular extension: a nomogram for staging prostate cancer. J Urol 2004; 171: 1844-1849.
29. Walsh PC. Anatomic radical retropubic prostatectomy. In: Walsh PC, Retik AB, Vaughan ED et al. (eds). Campbell´s Urology. Philadelphia: Saunders 2002.
30. Stolzenburg JU, Rabenalt R, Do M et al. Nerve-sparing endoscopic extraperitoneal radical prostatectomy: University of Leipzig technique. J Endourol 2006; 20: 925-929.
31. Rassweiler J, Wagner AA, Moazin M et al. Anatomic nerve-sparing laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: comparison of retrograde and antegrade techniques. Urology 2006; 68: 587-591.
32. Gill IS, Ukimura O, Rubinstein M et al. Lateral pedicle control during laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: refined technique. Urology 2005; 65: 23-27.
33. Curto F, Benijts J, Pansadoro A et al. Nerve sparing laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: our technique. Eur Urol 2006; 49: 344-352.
34. Menon M, Shrivastava A, Kaul S et al. Vattikuti Institute prostatectomy: contemporary technique and analysis of results. Eur Urol 2007; 51: 648-657.
35. Weldon VE. Technique of modern radical perineal prostatectomy. Urology 2002; 60: 689-694.
36. Weldon VE, Tavel FR, Neuwirth H. Continence, potency and morbidity after radical perineal prostatectomy. J Urol 1997; 158: 1470-1475.
37. Mulhall JP. Cavernous nerve stimulation and interposition grafting: a critical assessment and future perspectives. Rev Urol 2005; 7(suppl 2): S18-25.
38. Lue TF, Gleason CA, Brock GB et al. Intraoperative electrostimulation of the cavernous nerve: technique, results and limitations. J Urol 1995; 154: 1426-1428.
39. Klotz L, Herschorn S. Early experience with intraoperative cavernous nerve stimulation with penile tumescence monitoring to improve nerve sparing during radical prostatectomy. Urology 1998; 52: 537-542.
40. Klotz L, Heaton J, Jewett M et al. A randomized phase 3 study of intraoperative cavernous nerve stimulation with penile tumescence monitoring to improve nerve sparing during radical prostatectomy. J Urol 2000; 164: 1573-1578.
41. Walsh PC, Marschke P, Catalona WJ et al. Efficacy of first-generation Cavermap to verify location and function of cavernous nerves during radical prostatectomy: a multi-institutional evaluation by experienced surgeons. Urology 2001; 57: 491-494.
42. Quinlan DM, Nelson RJ Walsh PC. Cavernous nerve grafts restore erectile function in denervated rats. J Urol 1991; 145: 380-383.
43. Kim ED, Scardino PT, Hampel O et al. Interposition of sural nerve restores function of cavernous nerves resected during radical prostatectomy. J Urol 1999; 161: 188-192.
44. Scardino PT, Kim ED. Rationale for and results of nerve grafting during radical prostatectomy. Urology 2001; 57: 1016-1019.
45. Kim ED, Nath R, Slawin KM et al. Bilateral nerve grafting during radical retropubic prostatectomy: extended follow-up. Urology 2001; 58: 983-987.
46. Walsh PC. Nerve grafts are rarely necessary and are unlikely to improve sexual function in men undergoing anatomic radical prostatectomy. Urology 2001; 57: 1020-1024.
47. Montorsi F, Guazzoni G, Strambi LF et al. Recovery of spontaneous erectile function after nerve-sparing radical retropubic prostatectomy with and without early intracavernous injections of alprostadil: results of a prospective, randomized trial. J Urol 1997; 158: 1408-1410.
48. Daley JT, Brown ML, Watkins T et al. Prostanoid production in rabbit corpus cavernosum: I. regulation by oxygen tension. J Urol 1996; 155: 1482-1487.
49. Mulhall J, Land S, Parker M et al. The use of an erectogenic pharmacotherapy regimen following radical prostatectomy improves recovery of spontaneous erectile function. J Sex Med 2005; 2: 532-540.
50. Gontero P, Fontana F, Bagnasacco A et al. Is there an optimal time for intracavernous prostaglandin E1 rehabilitation following nonnerve sparing radical prostatectomy? Results from a hemodynamic prospective study. J Urol 2003; 169: 2166-2169.
51. Zagaja GP, Mhoon DA, Aikens JE et al. Sildenafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction after radical prostatectomy. Urology 2000; 56: 631-634.
52. Dall'era JE, Mills JN, Koul HK et al. Penile rehabilitation after radical prostatectomy: important therapy or wishful thinking? Rev Urol 2006; 8: 209-215.
53. Padma-Nathan H, McCullough A, Forest C. Erectile dysfunction secondary to nerve-sparing radical retropubic prostatectomy: comparative phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitor efficacy for therapy and novel prevention strategies. Curr Urol Rep 2004; 5: 467-471.
54. Schwartz EJ, Wong P, Graydon RJ. Sildenafil preserves intracorporeal smooth muscle after radical retropubic prostatectomy. J Urol 2004; 171: 771-774.
55. Gallo L, Perdona S, Autorino R et al. Recovery of erection after pelvic urologic surgery: our experience. Int J Impot Res 2005; 17: 484-493.
56. Hong EK, Lepor H, McCullough AR. Time dependent patient satisfaction with sildenafil for erectile dysfunction (ED) after nerve-sparing radical retropubic prostatectomy (RRP). Int J Impot Res 1999; 11(suppl 1): S15-22.
57. Zippe CD, Jhaveri FM, Klein EA et al. Role of Viagra after radical prostatectomy. Urology 2000; 55: 241-245.
58. Raina R, Lakin MM, Agarwal A et al. Efficacy and factors associated with successful outcome of sildenafil citrate use for erectile dysfunction after radical prostatectomy. Urology 2004; 63: 960-966.
59. Raina R, Lakin MM, Agarwal A et al. Long-term effect of sildenafil citrate on erectile dysfunction after radical prostatectomy: 3-year follow-up. Urology 2003; 62: 110-115.
60. Briganti A, Salonia A, Gallina A et al. Drug Insight: oral phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors for erectile dysfunction. Nat Clin Pract Urol 2005; 2: 239-247.
61. Brock G, Nehra A, Lipshultz LI et al. Safety and efficacy of vardenafil for the treatment of men with erectile dysfunction after radical retropubic prostatectomy. J Urol 2003; 170: 1278-1283.
62. Nehra A, Grantmyre J, Nadel A et al. Vardenafil improved patient satisfaction with erectile hardness, orgasmic function and sexual experience in men with erectile dysfunction following nerve sparing radical prostatectomy. J Urol 2005; 173: 2067-2071.
63. Montorsi F, Nathan HP, McCullough A et al. Tadalafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction following bilateral nerve sparing radical retropubic prostatectomy: a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled trial. J Urol 2004; 172: 1036-1041.
64. Gontero P, Fontana F, Zitella A et al. A prospective evaluation of efficacy and compliance with a multistep treatment approach for erectile dysfunction in patients after non-nerve sparing radical prostatectomy. BJU Int 2005; 95: 359-365.
65. Raina R, Lakin MM, Thukral M et al. Long-term efficacy and compliance of intracorporeal (IC) injection for erectile dysfunction following radical prostatectomy: SHIM (IIEF-5) analysis. Int J Impot Res 2003; 15: 318-322.
66. Raina R, Lakin MM, Agarwal A et al. Long-term intracavernous therapy responders can potentially switch to sildenafil citrate after radical prostatectomy. Urology 2004; 63: 532-537.
67. Raina R, Agarwal A, Allamaneni SS et al. Sildenafil citrate and vacuum constriction device combination enhances sexual satisfaction in erectile dysfunction after radical prostatectomy. Urology 2005; 65: 360-364.
68. Raina R, Agarwal A, Ausmundson S et al. Long-term efficacy and compliance of MUSE for erectile dysfunction following radical prostatectomy: SHIM (IIEF-5) analysis. Int J Impot Res 2005; 17: 86-90.
69. Mydlo JH, Volpe MA, Macchia RJ. Initial results utilizing combination therapy for patients with a suboptimal response to either alprostadil or sildenafil monotherapy. Eur Urol 2000; 38: 30-34.
70. Mydlo JH, Viterbo R, Crispen P. Use of combined intracorporal injection and a phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitor therapy for men with a suboptimal response to sildenafil and/or vardenafil monotherapy after radical retropubic prostatectomy. BJU Int 2005; 95: 843-846.
71. Khoudary KP, DeWolf WC, Bruning CO 3rd et al. Immediate sexual rehabilitation by simultaneous placement of penile prosthesis in patients undergoing radical prostatectomy: initial results in 50 patients. Urology 1997; 50: 395-399.
72. Ramsawh HJ, Morgentaler A, Covino N et al. Quality of life following simultaneous placement of penile prosthesis with radical prostatectomy. J Urol 2005; 174: 1395-1398.
73. Kendirci M, Bejma J, Hellstrom WJ. Update on erectile dysfunction in prostate cancer patients. Curr Opin Urol 2006; 16: 186-195.