How to submit a paper for publishing in the journal ‟Clinical Osteology” and the editorial process involved
Please send your paper to one of the following e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach a scanned copy of a statement (the form available at <www.fa-ma.cz>) of originality of your paper and its supplements (tables, charts, diagrams, photographs and images) with your signature to the paper and request for publishing. The statement also includes consent to make the data from the paper available for the MEFANET portal, a non-profit educational project of Czech and Slovak faculties of medicine. If you have used supplements taken over from other publications, permissions from their authors and publishers need to be included. If you only use some of the data or only adapt part of it, exact quotations of the source have to be stated.
The publisher will hand your paper over to the editor-in-chief for evaluation and decision on its acceptance or rejection. The publisher will notify the main author (the first author named) of the opinion of the specialist editors by e-mail no later than within 2 months from the paper receipt.
An accepted paper will be reviewed and the publisher will e-mail possible proposals for modification by the reviewers to the main author.
After the editing and layout completion the publisher will send the paper to the main author for author’s proofreading in PDF format (Adobe Acrobat). The author will add his comments in this program through the correction system or will make the corrections to the printed text that he will then scan and send to the publisher, or will type his corrections giving their exact locations in the text in a text file in the DOC/DOCX (MS Office) or TXT/OTD (Windows XP and higher) format. The term for returning the proofread text is 1 week from its sending by the publishers.
The journal will be referred to in the abbreviated form of Clin Osteol.
How to prepare a “manuscript“ and illustration supplements
1. Technical specifications – the text of manuscript in the file in DOC/DOCX format (MSOffice); font Times New Roman or Arial of size12 points.
2. Size of the entire article (total length) of 5 to 10 printed pages (amounting of 20 700 to 41 400 characters including spaces)
3. Names of authors – for all the authors their first names and surnames, degrees, scientific and pedagogical titles, places of work to be stated (exact address including an e-mail address).
5. Abstract (i.e. content of paper) – within up to 1 000 characters including spaces
6. Key words – in Slovak or Czech or English
7. Literature – approx. 20 quotings, if possible from the period of last 5 years, according to the following pattern. The quoted literature is numbered and ordered in the same sequence as quoted in the text. A reference to the quoted literature is made at the relevant place of quoting in the text with a number in brackets, e.g.  or [2,4].
Pattern of quoting:
Author(s) of the paper (max. 3 authors, followed by ´et al´, surname and first name initial only). Name of paper. International abbreviation of journal, year; volume, (Issue, possibly Suppl): number of pages.
Korzon-Burakowska A, Dziemidok P. Diabetic foot – the need for comprehensive multidisciplinary approach. Ann Agric Environ Med 2011; 18(2): 314-317
Authors of a monograph (max. 3 authors, followed by ´et al´, surname and first name initial only). Name (of the monograph or chapter). (Editor. Name of the whole monograph). (Sequence number of publication, unless the first). Publishers: place and year of publishing.
Pelikánová T, Bartoš V. Praktická diabetologie. 4th. extended edition. Maxdorf Jessenius: Praha 2010.
Anděl M. Diabetes mellitus. In: Klener P (ed). Vnitřní lékařství. Galén: Praha 2006: 725-741.
8. Supplements in general (tables, charts, diagrams, black and white or colour pictures and images), quote a reference to a supplement in the text in parentheses, e.g. (Tab. 1) or (Chart 1) or (Diagram 1) or (Fig. 1)
9. Tables – have to be created in MS Office Excel or MS Office Word, in the table creation programme.
10. Charts – have to be created in MS Office Excel (also charts already inserted in MS Office PowerPoint can be sent)
11. Diagrams – have to be created in a graphic editor or an image of the diagram in the JPG, JPEG, TIF, or if unavoidable, in PDF formats will be sent.
12. Photographs, instrument records and pen-and-ink drawings – have to be supplied in the JPG, JPEG, TIF formats in a resolution appropriate for printing (minimum of 300 dpi, i.e. for example an image of 14 × 6 cm print size must have a resolution of 1650 × 720 pixels).
Please send your paper to the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com or Palicka@lfhk.cuni.cz and firstname.lastname@example.org