Changes in weight and diabetes compensation (HbA1c) in patients with diabetes mellitus type 2 after adding exenatide (Byetta) to the current treatment in 28 diabetology departments in the Czech Republic – BIBY‑II study (observations lasting 24 months)
BIBY‑II study objective: To obtain experience with long‑term (24 months) exenatide treatment (Byetta) in patients with diabetes mellitus type 2 from a common clinical pra...
Authors: J. Perušičová, P. Piťhová, I. Haladová, a pracovní skupina diabetologů:, D. Ácsová, J. Bělobrádková, A. Belzová, K. Berková, B. Doležalová, H. Dvořáková, K. Hejnicová, M. Hudcová, D. Kallmünzerová, Z. Krejsová, G. Markofová, H. Müllerová, K. Owen, M. Pelikánová, L. Raclavská, E. Račická, O. Škarpová, A. Váchová, A. Veselá, J. Vyoralová, J. Brož, T. Edelsberger, M. Honka, T. Hrdina, P. Chmura, J. Tosovsky
The „Short Physical Performance Battery“ in the Czech Republic – the pilot and validation study in older persons
Introduction: Population ageing increases number of seniors with decline of physical capabilities and functional deficits. Targeted interventions to maintain or increase...
Authors: M. Berková, E. Topinková, P. Mádlová, J. Klán, M. Vlachová, J. Běláček
This paper focuses on aortic stenosis. It covers findings related to etiopathogenesis, clinical picture, echocardiographic and catheter examination. It analyses the treatment...
Authors: P. Gregor, H. Línková
PET-CT documented fast onset of treatment response to cyclophosphamide, thalidomide and dexamethasone in patients with multicentric Castleman‘s disease. Case description and treatment information overview
Castleman‘s disease (also called angiofollicular lymph node hyperplasia) can take two forms with different prognosis: the localized form can usually be treated by a surgical i...
Authors: Z. Adam, P. Szturz, L. Křen, M. Krejčí, L. Pour, T. Svoboda, I. Hanke, I. Penka, R. Koukalová, Z. Řehák, I. Červinková, T. Štorková, Z. Král, J. Mayer
Tuberculosis in the Czech Republic. Current status. Diagnosis, treatment and prevention
Despite the fact that the tuberculosis (TB) agent, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, was discovered more than a century ago and we have had a basic drug line for the treatment of this...
Authors: M. Vašáková
- Practice guideline and trends for immunosuppressive treatment of glomerulonephritides according to KDIGO (Clinical Practice Guideline for Glomerulonephritis) | views: 175
- Aortic regurgitation | views: 123
- Opinion of the Czech Atherosclerosis Society‘s committee (CSAT) on the ESC/EAS guidlines related to the diagnostics and treatment of dyslipidemias issued in 2011 | views: 95
- Ischemic peripheral arterial disease and recurrent iliofemoral venous thrombosis in a 24-year-old man with antiphospholipid syndrome | views: 81
- Changes in weight and diabetes compensation (HbA1c) in patients with diabetes mellitus type 2 after adding exenatide (Byetta) to the current treatment in 28 diabetology departments in the Czech Republic – BIBY-I study (observations lasting 3 to 12 months) | views: 53
- Current trends in treatment and follow-up of patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma – experience with the use of recombinant human thyrotropin | views: 46
- Heart transplantation and the subsequent treatment of AL amyloidosis | views: 37
- Risk factors for diabetic retinopathy | views: 36
- Syncope as first and only sign of left atrial myxoma | views: 31
- Patophysiology of diabetic retinopathy | views: 29