Vitamin D – remarks of known and overwiev of new facts
Authors: H. Matějovská Kubešová, J. Tůmová, V. Polcarová, H. Meluzínová
Authors - sphere of activity: 1Klinika interní, geriatrie a praktického lékařství Lékařské fakulty MU a FN Brno, pracoviště Bohunice, přednostka prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc.; 2Oddělení klinické biochemie FN Brno, pracoviště Bohunice, přednosta doc. MUDr. Milan Dastych, CSc., MBA
Article: Vnitř Lék 2012; 58(3): 196-201
Number of articles displayed: 361x
Vitamin D as one of liposolubile vitamins was related to children age and skeleton at the clinical practice until now. There is lot of new information considering rather more complicated connection of vitamin D into many functions of human body during last years. On the other hand we are able to measure the serum level of vitamin D, so we recognized the possibility of long term significantly low levels of vitamin D in tenths percent of population. This review shows actual information about relationsship between vitamin D and organ systems and their disturbances. Long term low level of vitamin D potentiates cognitive deterioration in elderly, influences the mood up to depression appearance. The influence of vitamin D on immunity system and cancerogenesis appears to be of high importance too. From the senior’s independence point of view the relationship between vitamin D and sarcopenia is very important especially in connection with osteoporosis prevention – the way how to reduce the danger of falls and osteoporotic fractures. Autoimmune diseases and diabetes mellitus are mentioned at the end of the review.
vitamin D – bone – muscle – sarcopenia – cognitive functions – depression – cancer – autoimmunity – diabetes mellitus
The full wording of this article is available only to registered users. Plese register and you can read this article immediately.
If you are a subscriber, log in and enter the subscriber code from your magazine cover.
If you are not a subscriber, log in for unlimited access to older editions.
Tento článek si můžete přečíst pokud si aktivujete Premium účet.
- Changes in weight and diabetes compensation (HbA1c) in patients with diabetes mellitus type 2 after adding exenatide (Byetta) to the current treatment in 28 diabetology departments in the Czech Republic – BIBY-I study (observations lasting 3 to 12 months) | views: 78
- Risk factors for diabetic retinopathy | views: 51
- Patophysiology of diabetic retinopathy | views: 51
- What has the largest study in the history of diabetology brought us? | views: 43
- Aortic stenosis | views: 41
- Present state of diagnostic and screening of the diabetic retinopathy and diabetic macular oedema | views: 37
- Distribution of Lipoprotein‑Associated Phospholipase A2 in Czech Population and its interaction with conventional cardiovascular risk | views: 29
- Treatment of diabetic macular oedema | views: 27
- Combined therapy of arterial hypertension | views: 25
- Spondyloarthritides: Current Perspective on Diagnosis and Classification | views: 24