Cardiac symptoms in a patient with Addison’s disease and hypothyreosis on the basis of autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type II
Authors: A. Hachová, L. Brunerová, P. Gregor
Authors - sphere of activity: 1III. interní – kardiologická klinika 3. lékařské fakulty UK a FN Královské Vinohrady Praha, přednosta prof. MUDr. Petr Widimský, DrSc., FESC; 2Mediscan Euromedic, s. r. o., Praha, jednatel společnosti MUDr. David Karásek
Article: Vnitř Lék, 2012, 58(6): 473-476
Category: Case Reports
Number of articles displayed: 80x
In many endocrine diseases we can find a heart disorder. We present a case of a young patient aged 34 years, who was examined for non-specific ST-T abnormalities on ECG and a new-diagnosed left ventricle dysfunction with suspicion to the acute coronary syndroma. However, this diagnosis wasn’t verified. Endocrinological examination detected the Addison’s disease and a severe hypothyreosis. After the hormonal substitution therapy was given, the patient became asymptomatic and the ECG- and echocardiographic changes disappeared.
left ventricle dysfunction – non-specific ST-T changes on ECG – Addison’s disease – hypothyreosis – type II. autoimmune polyglandular syndroma
The full wording of this article is available only for subscribers.
The full wording of this article for registered users will be available from June 2013.
If you are a subscriber, log in and enter the subscriber code from your magazine cover.
If you are not a subscriber, log in for unlimited access to older editions.
Tento článek si můžete přečíst pokud si aktivujete Premium účet.
- Practice guideline and trends for immunosuppressive treatment of glomerulonephritides according to KDIGO (Clinical Practice Guideline for Glomerulonephritis) | views: 164
- Current opinions on gout, its diagnosis and treatment | views: 129
- Aortic regurgitation | views: 119
- Targeted therapeuticts and their role in the treatment of internal diseases | views: 90
- Opinion of the Czech Atherosclerosis Society‘s committee (CSAT) on the ESC/EAS guidlines related to the diagnostics and treatment of dyslipidemias issued in 2011 | views: 90
- Outcomes of Catheter Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation in Patients over 65 Years of Age | views: 83
- Treatment of AL amyloidosis in 2012; the benefit of new drugs (bortezomib, thalidomide, and lenalidomide). Summary of published clinical trials | views: 82
- Risk factors for relapsing and severe Clostridium difficile infection | views: 78
- Ischemic peripheral arterial disease and recurrent iliofemoral venous thrombosis in a 24-year-old man with antiphospholipid syndrome | views: 77
- Changes in weight and diabetes compensation (HbA1c) in patients with diabetes mellitus type 2 after adding exenatide (Byetta) to the current treatment in 28 diabetology departments in the Czech Republic – BIBY-I study (observations lasting 3 to 12 months) | views: 46