Endoscopic ultrasound-guided ethanol ablation of pancreatic cystic neoplasia
Authors: M. Kliment, O. Urban,D. Žiak, P. Fojtík, P. Falt, J. Dvořáčková
Authors - sphere of activity: 1Centrum péče o zažívací trakt, Vítkovická nemocnice a. s., Ostrava, 2Lékařská fakulta ostravské univerzity, Ostrava , 3CGB Laboratoř, Patologie, Ostrava , 4Patologie, Fakultní nemocnice Ostrava
Article: Gastroent Hepatol 2012; 66(3): 183-186
Category: Digestive Endoscopy: Video-Case Report
Number of articles displayed: 71x
Endoscopic ultrasound-guided ethanol ablation/lavage of pancreatic cystic neoplasia is a new method of local ablative treatment, when highly concentrated ethylalcohol is injected into the cyst. The principle of the method is the chemical lysis of neoplastic cells in inner lining of the cyst with subsequent regression of cystic neoplasia. Recently, the method has been used mostly in clinical trials, that have confirmed efficacy in 33–79%. The authors present a video-case report of an older patient with significant comorbidities and pancreatic cystic neoplasia, that was treated by ethanol ablation. The authors discuss hitherto published papers dealing with EUS-guided ethanol ablation of pancreatic cysts, especially the efficacy and safety of the method.
endosonography – endoscopic ultrasound-guided ethanol ablation – ethanol lavage – pancreatic cystic neoplasia
The full wording of this article is available only to registered users. Plese register and you can read this article immediately.
If you are a subscriber, log in and enter the subscriber code from your magazine cover.
If you are not a subscriber, log in for unlimited access to older editions.
Tento článek si můžete přečíst pokud si aktivujete Premium účet.
- Metastatic affection of small intestine as the first symptom of generalization of malignant melanoma | views: 4
- Danis oesophageal stent in treatment of variceal bleeding | views: 3
- Brain natriuretic peptide is a marker of poor prognosis in decompensated liver cirrhosis | views: 3
- Multifocal hepatocellular carcinoma imitating hepatal cirrhosis | views: 3
- Surgical treatment of adrenal metastases from hepatocellular carcinoma | views: 3
- Cap-assisted water immersion colonoscopy – a prospective, randomized trial | views: 3
- Cholangiopancreatoscopy using SpyGlassTM direct visualization system: description of the method and initial experience | views: 3
- Health status and pancreatic cancer | views: 3