1. Zhao JZ, Wu G, Zhao YM, Shao GF, Kong HM, Lu Q. Strategies to combat desertification for the twenty-first century in China. International Journal of Sustainable Development & World Ecology 2002; 9(3):292–297. doi: 10.1080/13504500209470124
2. El-Salam MMA, Elhakem AH. Desertification and its effect on the erosion of vegetation in the south-western region of Saudi Arabia. Environmental Monitoring Assessment 2016; 188: 164. doi: 10.1007/s10661-016-5164-z 26879985
3. Zou CX, Wang Y, Wang WL, Xu DL, Lin NF, Li WJ. Theory of mountain-river-forest- farmland-lake-grass system and ecological protection and restoration research. Journal of Ecology and Rural Environment 2018; 34(11): 961–967.
4. Dong ZB, Hu GY, Yan CZ, Wang WL, Lu JF. Aeolian desertification and its causes in the Zoige Plateau of China’s Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau. Environmental Earth Sciences 2010; 59: 1731–1740. doi: 10.1007/s12665-009-0155-9
5. Gao JQ, Zhang XW, Lei GC, Wang GX. Soil organic carbon and its fractions in relation to degradation and restoration of wetlands on the Zoige Plateau, China. Wetlands 2014; 34: 235–241. doi: 10.1007/s13157-013-0487-9
6. Yu KF, Lehmkuhl F, Falk D. Quantifying land degradation in the Zoige Basin, NE Tibetan Plateau using satellite remote sensing data. Journal of Mountain Science 2017; 14: 77–93. doi: 10.1007/s11629-016-3929-z
7. Breckle SW, Yair A, Vest M. Arid Dune Ecosystems. Ecological Studies Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York. 2008; pp. 79–89.
8. Qing Y, Sun FD, Li Y, Chen WY, Li X. Analysis of soil carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus in degraded alpine wetland, Zoige, southwest China. Acta Prataculturae Sinica 2015; 24: 38–47.
9. Shui W, Bai JP, Jian XM, Qi XH, Su ZA, Chen Y, et al. Changes in water conservation and soil physicochemical properties during the recovery of desertified grassland in Zoige, China. Acta Ecologica Sinica 2017; 37: 277–285.
10. Shen ST, Zhang SJ, Fan L, Wang Q. Classification of plant functional types based on the nutrition traits: a case study on alpine meadow community in the Zoige Plateau. Journal of Mountain Science 2017; 14: 2003–2012. doi: 10.1007/s11629-016-4133-x
11. Rozé F, Lemauviel S. Sand dune restoration in North Brittany, France: a 10-year monitoring study. Restoration Ecology 2004; 12: 29–35. doi: 10.1111/j.1061-2971.2004.00264.x
12. Ohsowski BM, Dunfield K, Klironomos JN, Hart M. Plant response to biochar, compost, and mycorrhizal fungal amendments in post-mine sandpits. Restoration Ecology 2018; 26: 63–72. doi: 10.1111/rec.12528
13. Xie SB, Qu JJ, Liu B, Xu XT. Advances in research on the sand hazards and its controls along the Qinghai-Tibet Railway. Journal of Desert Research 2014; 34: 42–48.
14. Jiang XG, Zhou JX, Liu YG, Dong LS, Cui M. Effectiveness of sand control measures in Nanshankou area along Qinghai-Tibet Railway. Scientia Silvae Sinicae 2016; 52(10): 55–63. doi: 10.1707/j.001-7488.0161007
15. Hu YF, Peng JJ, Yuan S, Shu XY, Jiang SL, Pu Q, et al. Influence of ecological restoration on vegetation and soil microbiological properties in Alpine-cold semi-humid desertified land. Ecological Engineering 2016; 94: 88–94. doi: 10.1016/j.ecoleng.2016.05.061
16. Lian J, Zhao XY, Li X, Zhang TH, Wang SK, Luo YQ, et al. Detecting sustainability of desertification reversion: vegetation trend analysis in part of the agro-pastoral transitional zone in Inner Mongolia, China. Sustainability 2017; 9: 211. doi: 10.3390/su9020211
17. Chauhan SS. Desertification control and management of land degradation in the Thar desert of India. Environmentalist 2003; 23: 219–227. doi: 10.1023/b:envr.0000017366.67642.79
18. Raji BA, Uyovbisere EO, Momodu AB. Impact of sand dune stabilization structures on soil and yield of millet in the semi-arid region of NW Nigeria. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 2004; 99: 181–196. doi: 10.1007/s10661-004-4018-2 15641381
19. Li YQ, Chen YP, Wang XY, Niu YY, Lian J. Improvements in soil carbon and nitrogen capacities after shrub planting to stabilize sand dunes in China’s Horqin sandy land. Sustainability 2017; 9: 662. doi: 10.3390/su9040662
20. Lichter J. Colonization constraints during primary succession on costal Lake Michigan sand dunes. Journal of Ecology 2000; 88: 825–839. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2745.2000.00503.x
21. Yan QL, Liu ZM, Zhu JJ, Luo YM, Wang HM, Jiang DM. Structure, pattern and mechanisms of formation of seed banks in sand dune system in northeastern Inner Mongolia, China. Plant and Soil 2005; 277: 175–184. doi: 10.1007/s11104-005-6836-6
22. Fan B, Zhang A, Yang Y, Ma Q, Li X, Zhao C. Long-term effects of xerophytic shrub Haloxylon ammodendron plantations on soil properties and vegetation dynamics in Northwest China. PLoS One 2016; 11(12): e0168000. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0168000 27992458
23. Dietterich LH, Casper BB. Initial soil amendments still affect plant community composition after nine years in succession on a heavy metal contaminated mountainside. Restoration Ecology 2017; 25: 201–210. doi: 10.1111/rec.12423
24. Liao CH, Lv GP, Wang T, Xu YN, Li HD. Plant species diversity of vegetation restoration of moving sandy land on flood plain in Tibet, China. Journal of Nanjing Forestry University (Natural Sciences Edition) 2018; 42(2):89–96. doi: 10.3969/j.issn.1000-2006.201705006
25. Masayuki N, Toshiya O, Xu B. The role of weed invasion in controlling sand dune reactivation in abandoned fields in semi-arid Inner Mongolia, China. Ecological Research 1997; 12: 325–336. doi: 10.1007/BF02529462
26. Wang T, Zhu Z, Wu W. Sandy desertification in the north of China. Science of China (Series D) 2002; 45: 23–34.
27. Fan DQ, Zhang YQ, Qin SG, Wu B. Relationships between Artemisia ordosica communities and environmental factors following sand-dune stabilization in the Mu Us desert, northwest China. Journal of Forestry Research 2017; 28(1):115–124. doi: 10.1007/s11676-016-0289-z
28. Wei YJ, Zuo XF, Wang J, Dang XH, Liu XJ. Summarization of application of mechanical sand barrier in desertification control. Journal of Inner Mongolia Agricultural University (Natural Science Edition) 2017; 6: 86–93.
29. Kong YY, Yu YW, Hou FJ. Interspecific associations in plant communities under yak dung depositions in an alpine meadow. Acta Prataculturae Sinica 2017; 26: 44–52.
30. Levine JM, HilleRisLambers J. The importance of niches for the maintenance of species diversity. Nature 2009; 461: 08251. doi: 10.1038/nature08251 19675568
31. Anthwal S, Bhatt AB, Nautiyal BP, Anthwal A. Vegetation structure, niche width, niche overlap and types of competition in temperate grazingland of Garhwal Himalaya, India. Environmentalist 2008; 28: 261–273. doi: 10.1007/s10669-007-9137-1
32. Pontes LDS, Maire V, Schellberg J, Louault F. Grass strategies and grassland community responses to environmental drivers: a review. Agronomy for Sustainable Development 2015; 35: 1297–1318. doi: 10.1007/s13593-015-0314-1
33. Kuster TM, Wikinson A, Hill PW, Jones D, Bardgett RD. Warming alters competition for organic and inorganic nitrogen between co-existing grassland plant species. Plant and Soil 2016; 406: 117–129. doi: 10.1007/s11104-016-2856-7
34. Colwell RK, Futuyma DJ. On the measurement of niche breadth and overlap. Ecology 1971; 52: 567–576. doi: 10.2307/1934144 28973805
35. Pianka ER. The structure of lizard communities. Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics 1973; 4: 53–74. doi: 10.1146/annurev.es.04.110173.000413
36. Yang TT, Ala M, Zhang YS, Wu JB, Wang AZ, Guan DX. Characteristics of soil moisture under different vegetation coverage in Horqin Sandy Land, northern China. PLoS One, 2018; 13(6): e0198805. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0198805 29927951
37. Yuan LM, Gao Y, Wang J, Yan DR, Hu SR, Zhang XY, et al. Impacts of sandbag barrier on sand flow and vegetation restoration on mobile dunes. Bulletin of Soil and Water Conservation 2014; 34: 46–50.
38. Yu Y, Jia ZQ, Zhu YJ, Zhao SL, Liu HT, Li QX, et al. Root distribution of Salix chelophila along a chronosequence in high-cold sandland. Journal of Desert Research 2014; 34(1): 67–74. doi: 10.7522/j.issn.1000-694X.2013.00188
39. Ma K, Zhang Y, Tang SX, Liu JG. Characteristics of spatial distribution of soil total nitrogen in Zoige alpine wetland. Chinese Journal of Ecology 2016; 35: 1988–1995. doi: 10.13292/j.1000-4890.201608.010
40. Aponte C, Marañón T, García L. Microbial C, N, and P in soils of Mediterranean oak forests: influence of season, canopy cover and soil depth. Biogeochemistry 2010; 101: 77–92. doi: 10.1007/s10533-010-9418-5
41. Lin L, Zhang FW, Li YK, Han DR, Guo XW, Cao GM. The soil carbon and nitrogen storage and C/N metrological characteristics of chemistry in Kobresia humilis meadow in degradation succession stage. Chinese Journal of Grassland 2012; 34: 42–47.
42. Manzoni S, Trofymow JA, Jackson RB, Porporato A. Stoichiometric controls on carbon, nitrogen, and phosphorus dynamics in decomposing litter. Ecological Monographs 2010; 80: 89–106. doi: 10.1890/09-0179.1
43. Wu F, Liu CW, Chen HK, Diao ZF, Zhao S, Xie H. Use of nutrient medium technique for vegetation restoration in Karst region of Southwest China. Journal of Integrative Environmental Sciences 2018; 15(1):135–155. doi: 10.1080/1943815X.2018.1471725
44. de Santiago A, Recena R, Perea-Torres F, Moreno MT, Carmona E, Delgado A. Relationship of soil fertility with biochemical properties under agricultural practices aimed at controlling land degradation. Land Degradation & Development, 2019; 2019; 30(9): 1121–1129. doi: 10.1002/ldr.3298
45. Zhang ZH, Hu G, Zhu JD, Luo DH, Ni J. Spatial patterns and interspecific associations of dominant tree species in two old-growth karst forests, SW China. Ecological Research 2010; 25:1151–1160. doi: 10.1007/s11284-010-0740-0
46. Díaz S, Cabido M. Plant functional types and ecosystem function in relation to global change. Journal of Vegetation Science 1997; 8: 463–474. doi: 10.2307/3237198
47. Odriozola I, García-Baquero G, Etxeberria A, Aldezabal A. Patterns of species relatedness created by competitive exclusion depend on species niche differences: Evidence from Iberian Atlantic grasslands. Perspectives in Plant Ecology, Evolution and Systematics. 2017; 28:36–46. doi: 10.1016/j.ppees.2017.07.002
48. Lou YJ, Zhao KY. Analysis of interspecific association of Carex lasiocarpa community in recent 30-year succession in Sanjiang Plain. Chinese Journal of Ecology 2008; 27: 509–513.
49. Gong R, Gao Q, Wang YL. Effects of exclosure on community inter-specific relationships in a typical temperate grassland. Journal of Plant Ecology 2016; 40: 554–563.
50. Harpole WS, Suding KN. A test of the niche dimension hypothesis in an arid annual grassland. Oecologia 2011; 166: 197–205. doi: 10.1007/s00442-010-1808-9 20963609
51. Nathan R. Long-distance dispersal of plants. Science 2006; 313: 786–788. doi: 10.1126/science.1124975 16902126
52. Álvarez-Yépiz JC, Dovčiak M. Ontogenetic shifts in plant-plant interactions in a rare cycad within angiosperm communities. Oecologia 2014; 175: 725–735. doi: 10.1007/s00442-014-2929-3 24652529
53. Cornwell WK, Ackerly DD. Community assembly and shifts in plant trait distributions across an environmental gradient in coastal California. Ecological Monographs, 2009; 79(1), 109–126. doi: 10.1890/07-1134.1
54. Callaway RM. Competition and facilitation: Contrasting effects of Artemisia tridentata on desert vs montane pines. Ecology 1996; 77: 2130–2141. doi: 10.2307/2265707
55. Callaway RM, Brooker RW, Choler P, Kikvidze Z, Lortie CJ, Michalet R, et al. Positive interactions among alpine plants increase with stress. Nature 2002; 417: 844–848. doi: 10.1038/nature00812 12075350
56. Chen YR, Yin LK. Community composition and niche change characteristics of dominant species in the wind-breaking and sand-fixing forest, Xinjiang, China. Journal of Plant Ecology 2008; 32: 1126–1133.
57. Bewick S, Chisholm RA, Akcay E, Godsoe W. A stochastic biodiversity model with overlapping niche structure. Theoretical Ecology 2015; 8: 81–109. doi: 10.1007/s12080-014-0227-7