Sublingual allergen immunotherapy
Authors: MUDr. Irena Krčmová, CSc.
Authors - sphere of activity: Ústav klinické imunologie a alergologie FN, Hradec Králové
Category: Pharmacotherapeutic methods
Number of articles displayed: 254x
Allergen-specific immunotherapy (SIT) is the only causal therapy interfering with the development of specific immunological hypersensitivity. Its effect can inhibit the process of patient allergisation, resulting in gradually induced tolerance against causing “natural” allergens. This year already 100 years have passed since a key article was published in Lancet by Leonard Noon, entitled Prophylactic inoculation against hay fever. Today, SIT has become integral part of standardized guidelines and its efficacy has been confirmed with evidence-based medicine methods. In recent years a non-injection form of allergen therapy has come to the fore as an available and safe method – sublingual application. World Allergy Organization (WAO) published an important document on sublingual allergen immunotherapy (SLIT) in 2009 documenting its safety and efficacy comparable with injection therapy. The latest SLIT variant after the “drop allergen” is the tablet form with standardized allergen content. The first preparation for allergen therapy in the Czech Republic designed for patients with grass pollen-based allergy is Oralair.
specific allergen immunotherapy, sublingual allergen immunotherapy, sublingual allergen immunotherapy tablet
The full wording of this article is available only to registered users. Plese register and you can read this article immediately.
If you are a subscriber, log in and enter the subscriber code from your magazine cover.
If you are not a subscriber, log in for unlimited access to older editions.
Tento článek si můžete přečíst pokud si aktivujete Premium účet.
- New developments in pharmacotherapy of pain | views: 1471
- Pregabalin in the treatment of neuropathic pain | views: 1093
- Sublingual fentanyl – a new opioid dosage form for breakthrough pain therapy | views: 800
- Dabigatran in the prevention of stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation | views: 764
- New combination asthma therapy and its effect on small airways | views: 630
- Lornoxicam in the treatment of acute and chronic pain | views: 586
- Linagliptin – a new representative of pharmaceuticals with incretin effect | views: 316
- Sublingual allergen immunotherapy | views: 254
- Ofatumumab | views: 216
- Pharmacotherapy of colon, rectosigmoid junction and rectal cancer | views: 194