Lornoxicam in the treatment of acute and chronic pain
Authors: MUDr. Tomáš Doležal, Ph.D.
Authors - sphere of activity: Institut pro zdravotní ekonomiku a technology assessment (iHETA) a Ústav farmakologie 3. LF UK, Praha
Category: Profiles medicaments
Number of articles displayed: 583x
Lornoxicam is an analgesic from the class of non-steroidal antirheumatics with a balanced ratio of inhibition of cyclooxygenase-1 and -2. In comparison with other oxicams it has a short biological elimination half-life and in the preparation Xefo Rapid also rapid onset of analgesic effect. The efficacy of lornoxicam has been verified in the treatment of post-operative pain and backache, as well as in the treatment of chronic rheumatic pain. These studies showed that lornoxicam has comparable efficacy with diclofenac, naproxen and ketorolac, while it is more effective than rofecoxib. Its demonstrated advantages are rapid onset of action and very good tolerance.
lornoxicam, non-steroidal antirheumatics, therapy of pain
The full wording of this article is available only to registered users. Plese register and you can read this article immediately.
If you are a subscriber, log in and enter the subscriber code from your magazine cover.
If you are not a subscriber, log in for unlimited access to older editions.
Tento článek si můžete přečíst pokud si aktivujete Premium účet.
- New developments in pharmacotherapy of pain | views: 1469
- Pregabalin in the treatment of neuropathic pain | views: 1086
- Sublingual fentanyl – a new opioid dosage form for breakthrough pain therapy | views: 800
- Dabigatran in the prevention of stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation | views: 760
- New combination asthma therapy and its effect on small airways | views: 630
- Lornoxicam in the treatment of acute and chronic pain | views: 583
- Linagliptin – a new representative of pharmaceuticals with incretin effect | views: 316
- Sublingual allergen immunotherapy | views: 254
- Ofatumumab | views: 216
- Pharmacotherapy of colon, rectosigmoid junction and rectal cancer | views: 194