Unusual Presentation of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma in ORL Region
Authors: Bašteková I., Tedla M., Doležal P., Profant M.
Authors - sphere of activity: I. otorinolaryngologická klinika LF UK, UNB a SZU, Bratislava, prednosta prof. MUDr. M. Profant, CSc.
Article: Otorinolaryng. a Foniat. /Prague/, 61, 2012, No. 1, pp. 57-59.
Category: Case Reports
Number of articles displayed: 205x
Approximately 5% of Head and Neck tumors are Non Hodgkin lymphomas (NHL), most frequent histopathological subtype is large B- cell lymphoma (approx. 35-40% of all NHL). Clinical presentation is usually not painful nodal enlargement, often found in extranodal areas.
We present a case of 51 year old male with diffuse large cell lymphoma of left testicle in remission. Patient was admitted to our ENT ward with the signs of acute mastoiditis, which was in fact the presentation of the lymphoma in the temporal bone.
Non- Hodgkin lymphoma, ENT region, acute mastoiditis, differential diagnosis.
The full wording of this article is not available in digital format, because the printed version editor has not released it yet. Please accept our apology. Send us your request and we will gladly pass it on to the editor’s office. We will then inform you as soon as the magazine becomes available.
Tento článek si můžete přečíst pokud si aktivujete Premium účet.
Selection of CzMA JEP journals
- Nutrition in Patients with Head and Neck Cancer | views: 37
- Inverted Sinonasal Papilloma – Present Principles of Surgical Therapy | views: 21
- Experience with Local Therapy of Sudden Hearing Defects of Cochlear Origin | views: 19
- Current Options of Extemporaneous Preparation in Otorhinolaryngology | views: 16
- Endoscopic Transcaruncular Medial Orbitotomy as an Approach to Treat Posttraumatic Bleeding from A. Ethmoidalis Anterior | views: 15
- Decompression of Saccus Endolymphaticus in the Therapy of Menière’s Disease | views: 11
- Radiofrequency Electrosurgery in Otorhinolaryngology | views: 10
- Recommended Diagnostic and Therapeutic Approach for Workplaces Providing Diagnostics and Surgical Treatment of Breathing Disorders in Chiold Patients up to 15 Years of Age | views: 10
- Recommended Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedure for Workplaces Providing Diagnostic and Surgical Treatment of Breathing Disorders in Sleep in Adult Patients | views: 9