Bleeding after Tonsillectomy and Tonsillotomy in Children
Authors: Fryčková A., Máchalová M., Šlapák I.
Authors - sphere of activity: Klinika dětské ORL FN Brno, Lékařská fakulta MU, Brno
Article: Otorinolaryng. a Foniat. /Prague/, 61, 2012, No. 1, pp. 29-33.
Category: Original Article
Number of articles displayed: 376x
Tonsillectomy (TE) and tonsillotomy (TT) together with adenotomy (AT) belong to most frequent surgical interventions at the Children Otolaryngology Workplaces. In spite of the relatively minor interventions, various complications are encountered relatively often. Possible complications include less or more extensive postoperative bleeding. Considering the very intimate relation of pharyngeal tonsil to great vessels and respiratory passages, complications may occur in extent which endangers the patient’s life (14).
tonsillectomy, tonsillotomy, postoperative bleeding, pharyngeal (palatal) tonsil, great vessels, respiratory passages.
The full wording of this article is not available in digital format, because the printed version editor has not released it yet. Please accept our apology. Send us your request and we will gladly pass it on to the editor’s office. We will then inform you as soon as the magazine becomes available.
Tento článek si můžete přečíst pokud si aktivujete Premium účet.
Selection of CzMA JEP journals
- Nutrition in Patients with Head and Neck Cancer | views: 56
- Current Options of Extemporaneous Preparation in Otorhinolaryngology | views: 40
- Inverted Sinonasal Papilloma – Present Principles of Surgical Therapy | views: 35
- Experience with Local Therapy of Sudden Hearing Defects of Cochlear Origin | views: 29
- Decompression of Saccus Endolymphaticus in the Therapy of Menière’s Disease | views: 24
- Endoscopic Transcaruncular Medial Orbitotomy as an Approach to Treat Posttraumatic Bleeding from A. Ethmoidalis Anterior | views: 24
- Recommended Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedure for Workplaces Providing Diagnostic and Surgical Treatment of Breathing Disorders in Sleep in Adult Patients | views: 24
- Radiofrequency Electrosurgery in Otorhinolaryngology | views: 19
- Recommended Diagnostic and Therapeutic Approach for Workplaces Providing Diagnostics and Surgical Treatment of Breathing Disorders in Chiold Patients up to 15 Years of Age | views: 17