Thyroid tumors – moleculargenetic causes and choices for target therapy
Authors: Běla Bendlová, Šárka Dvořáková, Vlasta Sýkorová, Eliška Václavíková, Tereza Hálková
Authors - sphere of activity: Endokrinologický ústav Praha, Oddělení molekulární endokrinologie
Article: Čas Lék čes 2012; 151: 123-127
Category: Review Articles
Number of articles displayed: 350x
Thyroid tumors are the most common endocrine malignancy. The main genetic changes are point mutations in the RET proto-oncogene (somatic or germ-line) in medullary thyroid carcinoma and point mutations in BRAF and RAS genes or RET/PTC rearrangements in carcinomas developing from follicular cells. Moleculargenetic diagnosis of RET mutations in patients with medullary thyroid carcinoma and their relatives is now the part of clinical approach. Currently, knowledge about genetic causes of thyroid tumors has begun applying into target gene therapy providing new therapeutic drugs and more individualized treatment. This review summarizes main genetic causes of thyroid tumors and their application in target gene therapy.
RET, thyroid carcinoma, mutations, gene therapy.
The full wording of this article is available only to registered users. Plese register and you can read this article immediately.
If you are a subscriber, log in and enter the subscriber code from your magazine cover.
If you are not a subscriber, log in for unlimited access to older editions.
Tento článek si můžete přečíst pokud si aktivujete Premium účet.
Selection of CzMA JEP journals
- Vitamin D: Its physiology, pathophysiology and significance in etiopathogenesis of malignant diseases | views: 232
- Enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli – dangerous new pathogens | views: 187
- Thalidomide epidemics – 50 years after | views: 136
- Significance of human papillomavirus infections | views: 115
- Principles of dealing with human DNA and genotyping information | views: 82
- Acute multiple organ failure after endoscopic polypectomy | views: 78
- Sudden renal function deterioration in an elderly patient on vancomycin therapy for endocarditis | views: 77
- The use of diagnoses related to tobacco use in the Czech Republic | views: 62
- Irreversible electro- poration: local, non-thermal, ablation therapy of malignant tumours | views: 53
- Role of infection in the pathogenesis of obesity | views: 43
- Oxidative stress after anthracycline therapy in patients with solid tumors
Kocík Miroslav1, Zimovjanová Martina2, Petruželka Luboš2, Kodydková Jana1, Vávrová Lucie1, Žák Aleš1
- Irreversible Electroporation: Local, Non-Thermal, Ablation Treatment of Malign Tumours
Janík V.1, Škrabalová D.1, Gurlich R.2, Málek J.3
- The dynamics of changes in serum visfatin after abdominal surgery: a novel pro-inflammatory marker in early diagnosis?
1Teplan V. jr, 2Šenolt L., 2Hulejová H., 3 Teplan V., 3Štollová M, 1Gürlich R.
- Comparing quality of life in dialysis patients and patients after kidney transplantation: A questionnaire survey
Radka Bužgová, Štěpánka Šmotková