The thyroid gland-running the show behind the scenes – 1.rst part
Authors: Límanová Z.
Authors - sphere of activity: Univerzita Karlova v Praze, 1. lékařská fakulta, III. interní klinika VFN
Article: Čas Lék čes 2009; 148: 83-85
Category: Review Article
Number of articles displayed: 671x
Diseases of the thyroid gland involve many areas of medicine. The impairment of thyroid gland function affects 4–5% of younger population and more than 10% of the senior population (in ratio of 6–8 women to every man). Thyroid gland defects are mostly of autoimmune origin. The development of various kind of autoimmune disease in specific cases can be anticipatedd or diagnosed in their early stages. This article emphasizes certain connections of autoimmune thyroid gland diseases with diabetology, dermatology, and hematology.
thyroid gland, chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis, Grave’s disease, thyroid antibodies, diabetes, dermatology, hematology
The full wording of this article is available only to registered users. Plese register and you can read this article immediately.
If you are a subscriber, log in and enter the subscriber code from your magazine cover.
If you are not a subscriber, log in for unlimited access to older editions.
Tento článek si můžete přečíst pokud si aktivujete Premium účet.
Selection of CzMA JEP journals
- Vitamin D: Its physiology, pathophysiology and significance in etiopathogenesis of malignant diseases | views: 232
- Enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli – dangerous new pathogens | views: 186
- Thalidomide epidemics – 50 years after | views: 136
- Significance of human papillomavirus infections | views: 115
- Principles of dealing with human DNA and genotyping information | views: 82
- Acute multiple organ failure after endoscopic polypectomy | views: 78
- Sudden renal function deterioration in an elderly patient on vancomycin therapy for endocarditis | views: 77
- The use of diagnoses related to tobacco use in the Czech Republic | views: 61
- Irreversible electro- poration: local, non-thermal, ablation therapy of malignant tumours | views: 53
- Role of infection in the pathogenesis of obesity | views: 43
- Oxidative stress after anthracycline therapy in patients with solid tumors
Kocík Miroslav1, Zimovjanová Martina2, Petruželka Luboš2, Kodydková Jana1, Vávrová Lucie1, Žák Aleš1
- Irreversible Electroporation: Local, Non-Thermal, Ablation Treatment of Malign Tumours
Janík V.1, Škrabalová D.1, Gurlich R.2, Málek J.3
- The dynamics of changes in serum visfatin after abdominal surgery: a novel pro-inflammatory marker in early diagnosis?
1Teplan V. jr, 2Šenolt L., 2Hulejová H., 3 Teplan V., 3Štollová M, 1Gürlich R.
- Comparing quality of life in dialysis patients and patients after kidney transplantation: A questionnaire survey
Radka Bužgová, Štěpánka Šmotková