Smoke-free New Zealand 2025 – utopia or a model?
Authors: Eva Králíková
Authors - sphere of activity: 1 Ústav hygieny a epidemiologie 1. LF UK a VFN a Centrum pro závislé na tabáku III. interní kliniky – kliniky endokrinologie a metabolismu 1. LF UK a VFN, Praha
Article: Čas Lék čes 2012; 151: 257-258
Category: Special Articles
Number of articles displayed: 69x
New Zealand politicians are aware of the devastating economic and health impact of smoking in their country. The prevalence of that dependence is in New Zealand population aged 15 to 64 years about 20%, but only 4% of the population are “happy” smokers. Therefore, the majority of the population, including smokers, should support plan of gradual effective steps, leading in 2025 to “smoke-free” New Zealand with smoking prevalence in the population below 5%. In the same age group, according to the National Institute of Public Health, the Czech smoking prevalence has remained about 30% for almost ten years and no effective tobacco control legislation is in sight.
New Zealand smoke-free, tobacco control.
The full wording of this article is available only to registered users. Plese register and you can read this article immediately.
If you are a subscriber, log in and enter the subscriber code from your magazine cover.
If you are not a subscriber, log in for unlimited access to older editions.
Tento článek si můžete přečíst pokud si aktivujete Premium účet.
Selection of CzMA JEP journals
- Vitamin D: Its physiology, pathophysiology and significance in etiopathogenesis of malignant diseases | views: 228
- Enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli – dangerous new pathogens | views: 184
- Thalidomide epidemics – 50 years after | views: 134
- Significance of human papillomavirus infections | views: 113
- Principles of dealing with human DNA and genotyping information | views: 82
- Acute multiple organ failure after endoscopic polypectomy | views: 78
- Sudden renal function deterioration in an elderly patient on vancomycin therapy for endocarditis | views: 77
- The use of diagnoses related to tobacco use in the Czech Republic | views: 60
- Irreversible electro- poration: local, non-thermal, ablation therapy of malignant tumours | views: 48
- Role of infection in the pathogenesis of obesity | views: 43
- Oxidative stress after anthracycline therapy in patients with solid tumors
Kocík Miroslav1, Zimovjanová Martina2, Petruželka Luboš2, Kodydková Jana1, Vávrová Lucie1, Žák Aleš1
- Irreversible Electroporation: Local, Non-Thermal, Ablation Treatment of Malign Tumours
Janík V.1, Škrabalová D.1, Gurlich R.2, Málek J.3
- The dynamics of changes in serum visfatin after abdominal surgery: a novel pro-inflammatory marker in early diagnosis?
1Teplan V. jr, 2Šenolt L., 2Hulejová H., 3 Teplan V., 3Štollová M, 1Gürlich R.
- Comparing quality of life in dialysis patients and patients after kidney transplantation: A questionnaire survey
Radka Bužgová, Štěpánka Šmotková