Polypharmacotherapy in Clinical Gerontology
Authors: Weber P., Kriška M., Meluzínová H., Dítětová K., Wawruch M.
Authors - sphere of activity: Klinika interní, geriatrie, ošetřovatelství a praktického lékařství LF MU a FN, Brno 1Farmakologický ústav LF UK, Bratislava
Article: Čas Lék čes 2004; : 547-551
Number of articles displayed: 347x
Multimorbidity frequently develops in old age and it is usually accompanied with pharmacotherapy of elderlypatients. The growing number of seniors and comparatively low attention given to this reality among the medicalcommunity makes the problem highly significant for the practical medicine. Solution requires in the broad medicalcommunity a deeper knowledge of gerontopharmacotherapy and of its specific features, including the pharmacodynamicsand pharmacokinetics in elderly organism. Non-geriatric physicians will face in their daily clinical praxisthe questions of drug interactions and undesirable general and local side effects. Moreover, some foods, beveragesor preservatives can influence the pharmacological effect. Due to multimorbidity in the senescence, such problemscan be linked to large geriatric syndromes (instability with downfalls, immobility, decubitus, incontinency, intellectualand sensory defects of vision and hearing).
Geriatrics, multimorbidity, polypharmacotherapy, drug interactions, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics,compliance.
The full wording of this article is not available in digital format, because the printed version editor has not released it yet. Send us your request and we will gladly pass it on to the editor’s office.
Selection of CzMA JEP journals
- Vitamin D: Its physiology, pathophysiology and significance in etiopathogenesis of malignant diseases | views: 224
- Enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli – dangerous new pathogens | views: 182
- Thalidomide epidemics – 50 years after | views: 131
- Significance of human papillomavirus infections | views: 112
- Principles of dealing with human DNA and genotyping information | views: 82
- Acute multiple organ failure after endoscopic polypectomy | views: 78
- Sudden renal function deterioration in an elderly patient on vancomycin therapy for endocarditis | views: 75
- The use of diagnoses related to tobacco use in the Czech Republic | views: 58
- Role of infection in the pathogenesis of obesity | views: 43
- The role of smoking in the epigenetic modification of phenotype: the latest knowledge about smoking-induced pathways | views: 37
- Oxidative stress after anthracycline therapy in patients with solid tumors
Kocík Miroslav1, Zimovjanová Martina2, Petruželka Luboš2, Kodydková Jana1, Vávrová Lucie1, Žák Aleš1
- Irreversible Electroporation: Local, Non-Thermal, Ablation Treatment of Malign Tumours
Janík V.1, Škrabalová D.1, Gurlich R.2, Málek J.3
- The dynamics of changes in serum visfatin after abdominal surgery: a novel pro-inflammatory marker in early diagnosis?
1Teplan V. jr, 2Šenolt L., 2Hulejová H., 3 Teplan V., 3Štollová M, 1Gürlich R.
- Comparing quality of life in dialysis patients and patients after kidney transplantation: A questionnaire survey
Radka Bužgová, Štěpánka Šmotková