Male hypogonadism and civilization diseases
Authors: Lubomír Stárka
Authors - sphere of activity: Endokrinologický ústav, Praha
Article: Čas Lék čes 2012; 151: 69-72
Category: Review Article
Number of articles displayed: 463x
Age dependant decrease of testosterone levels leads in many men to hypogonadism called as late-onset hypogonadism. Morbidity and mortality of men with subnormal testosterone levels is higher than that of men sufficiently supplied with androgens. Cardiovascular diseases, obesity or diabetes take often part in these events. Low testosterone level is risk factor for these diseases. However, it is until now not clear whether testosterone deficiency is a cause or consequence of atherosclerosis or metabolic syndrome. A handful of symptoms and metabolic parameters present in hypogonadal men can be ameliorated by testosterone supplementation. Testosterone has a beneficial effect on cardiovascular risk factors, but it is not clear whether it can reduce mortality.
testosterone, cardiovascular diseases, obesity, metabolic syndrome, diabetes mellitus.
The full wording of this article is available only to registered users. Plese register and you can read this article immediately.
If you are a subscriber, log in and enter the subscriber code from your magazine cover.
If you are not a subscriber, log in for unlimited access to older editions.
Tento článek si můžete přečíst pokud si aktivujete Premium účet.
Selection of CzMA JEP journals
- Vitamin D: Its physiology, pathophysiology and significance in etiopathogenesis of malignant diseases | views: 255
- Enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli – dangerous new pathogens | views: 225
- Thalidomide epidemics – 50 years after | views: 152
- Significance of human papillomavirus infections | views: 129
- Principles of dealing with human DNA and genotyping information | views: 91
- Sudden renal function deterioration in an elderly patient on vancomycin therapy for endocarditis | views: 88
- Acute multiple organ failure after endoscopic polypectomy | views: 85
- Irreversible electro- poration: local, non-thermal, ablation therapy of malignant tumours | views: 82
- The use of diagnoses related to tobacco use in the Czech Republic | views: 68
- Role of infection in the pathogenesis of obesity | views: 55
- Oxidative stress after anthracycline therapy in patients with solid tumors
Kocík Miroslav1, Zimovjanová Martina2, Petruželka Luboš2, Kodydková Jana1, Vávrová Lucie1, Žák Aleš1
- Irreversible Electroporation: Local, Non-Thermal, Ablation Treatment of Malign Tumours
Janík V.1, Škrabalová D.1, Gurlich R.2, Málek J.3
- The dynamics of changes in serum visfatin after abdominal surgery: a novel pro-inflammatory marker in early diagnosis?
1Teplan V. jr, 2Šenolt L., 2Hulejová H., 3 Teplan V., 3Štollová M, 1Gürlich R.
- Comparing quality of life in dialysis patients and patients after kidney transplantation: A questionnaire survey
Radka Bužgová, Štěpánka Šmotková