Authors: Eva Králíková, Martin Ježek
Authors - sphere of activity: 1Univerzita Karlova v Praze, 1. lékařská fakulta, Ústav hygieny a epidemiologie VFN; 2Univerzita Karlova v Praze, 1. lékařská fakulta, III. interní klinika VFN, Centrum pro závislé na tabáku; 3Magistrát hlavního města Prahy
Article: Čas Lék čes 2012; 151: 208-210
Category: Special Articles
Number of articles displayed: 260x
Electronic cigarette (e-cigarettes) belongs to the “ENDS (Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems), ie systems that deliver nicotine electronically. Extract of tobacco does not burn, just warm. Vapors may or may not contain nicotine. E-cigarettes are also available with different flavors. They don’t produce a classic smoke. There is a large variability of these products. It seems that the initial negative position has to be reconsidered. Although there has been demonstrated trace amounts of several toxic substances in the vapor, the risk compared to traditional smoking is minimal. Moreover, lately it was shown that they can really contribute to smoking quitting. The legislative framework varies considerably, from the prohibition on sales to the recommended assistance in quitting. In the CR they are included according to the Act 379/2005 in 2009 among the tobacco products.
electronic cigarette, e-cigarette.
The full wording of this article is available only to registered users. Plese register and you can read this article immediately.
If you are a subscriber, log in and enter the subscriber code from your magazine cover.
If you are not a subscriber, log in for unlimited access to older editions.
Tento článek si můžete přečíst pokud si aktivujete Premium účet.
Selection of CzMA JEP journals
- Vitamin D: Its physiology, pathophysiology and significance in etiopathogenesis of malignant diseases | views: 229
- Enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli – dangerous new pathogens | views: 184
- Thalidomide epidemics – 50 years after | views: 135
- Significance of human papillomavirus infections | views: 115
- Principles of dealing with human DNA and genotyping information | views: 82
- Acute multiple organ failure after endoscopic polypectomy | views: 78
- Sudden renal function deterioration in an elderly patient on vancomycin therapy for endocarditis | views: 77
- The use of diagnoses related to tobacco use in the Czech Republic | views: 61
- Irreversible electro- poration: local, non-thermal, ablation therapy of malignant tumours | views: 53
- Role of infection in the pathogenesis of obesity | views: 43
- Oxidative stress after anthracycline therapy in patients with solid tumors
Kocík Miroslav1, Zimovjanová Martina2, Petruželka Luboš2, Kodydková Jana1, Vávrová Lucie1, Žák Aleš1
- Irreversible Electroporation: Local, Non-Thermal, Ablation Treatment of Malign Tumours
Janík V.1, Škrabalová D.1, Gurlich R.2, Málek J.3
- The dynamics of changes in serum visfatin after abdominal surgery: a novel pro-inflammatory marker in early diagnosis?
1Teplan V. jr, 2Šenolt L., 2Hulejová H., 3 Teplan V., 3Štollová M, 1Gürlich R.
- Comparing quality of life in dialysis patients and patients after kidney transplantation: A questionnaire survey
Radka Bužgová, Štěpánka Šmotková