Authors: Sucharda P.
Authors - sphere of activity: Univerzita Karlova v Praze, 1. lékařská fakulta, III. interní klinika VFN
Article: Čas Lék čes 2009; 148: 78-82
Category: Review Article
Number of articles displayed: 1165x
The examination of fat tissue distribution has considerably refined the relationship between obesity and the overall and cardiovascular mortality. The identification of the abdominal (central) obesity by the waist circumference measurement is easy accessible and should become the obligatory part of any physical examination. Abdominal (central) obesity is a mandatory component for the diagnosis of the metabolic syndrome, and represents major risk factor of cardiovascular mortality.
abdominal obesity, central obesity, waist circumference, visceral fat, metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance.
The full wording of this article is available only to registered users. Plese register and you can read this article immediately.
If you are a subscriber, log in and enter the subscriber code from your magazine cover.
If you are not a subscriber, log in for unlimited access to older editions.
Tento článek si můžete přečíst pokud si aktivujete Premium účet.
Selection of CzMA JEP journals
- Vitamin D: Its physiology, pathophysiology and significance in etiopathogenesis of malignant diseases | views: 260
- Enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli – dangerous new pathogens | views: 226
- Thalidomide epidemics – 50 years after | views: 152
- Significance of human papillomavirus infections | views: 129
- Principles of dealing with human DNA and genotyping information | views: 91
- Sudden renal function deterioration in an elderly patient on vancomycin therapy for endocarditis | views: 89
- Acute multiple organ failure after endoscopic polypectomy | views: 86
- Irreversible electro- poration: local, non-thermal, ablation therapy of malignant tumours | views: 84
- The use of diagnoses related to tobacco use in the Czech Republic | views: 70
- Role of infection in the pathogenesis of obesity | views: 56
- Oxidative stress after anthracycline therapy in patients with solid tumors
Kocík Miroslav1, Zimovjanová Martina2, Petruželka Luboš2, Kodydková Jana1, Vávrová Lucie1, Žák Aleš1
- Irreversible Electroporation: Local, Non-Thermal, Ablation Treatment of Malign Tumours
Janík V.1, Škrabalová D.1, Gurlich R.2, Málek J.3
- The dynamics of changes in serum visfatin after abdominal surgery: a novel pro-inflammatory marker in early diagnosis?
1Teplan V. jr, 2Šenolt L., 2Hulejová H., 3 Teplan V., 3Štollová M, 1Gürlich R.
- Comparing quality of life in dialysis patients and patients after kidney transplantation: A questionnaire survey
Radka Bužgová, Štěpánka Šmotková