The out- patient with a newly diagnosed thrombocytopenia
Category: 16th Parizek's Days, Ostrava-Poruba, March 25th –26th 2010
Number of articles displayed: 310x
Most cases of thrombocytopenia are discovered incidentally in patients with various health problems, which have no bleeding symptoms. Most of them are inconsequential; however, sometimes thrombocytopenia is the first symptom of a serious or life- threatening disease. After the exclusion of pseudo thrombocytopenia, the attention should be focused on the most serious diagnoses, especially on disseminated intravascular coagulation, thrombotic microangiopathy, acute leukemias or heparin induced thrombocytopenia. These disorders should be diagnosed as soon as possible, because the early start of treatment is crucial to patient’s survival. After these diseases are excluded, the process of differential diagnosis continues, including thorough assessment of history, physical examination and numerous laboratory tests, because a large number of disorders accompanied by thrombocytopenia exist.
thrombocytopenia – pseudo thrombocytopenia – differential diagnosis
The full wording of this article is available only to registered users. Plese register and you can read this article immediately.
If you are a subscriber, log in and enter the subscriber code from your magazine cover.
If you are not a subscriber, log in for unlimited access to older editions.
Tento článek si můžete přečíst pokud si aktivujete Premium účet.
- Changes in weight and diabetes compensation (HbA1c) in patients with diabetes mellitus type 2 after adding exenatide (Byetta) to the current treatment in 28 diabetology departments in the Czech Republic – BIBY-I study (observations lasting 3 to 12 months) | views: 78
- Risk factors for diabetic retinopathy | views: 51
- Patophysiology of diabetic retinopathy | views: 51
- What has the largest study in the history of diabetology brought us? | views: 43
- Aortic stenosis | views: 40
- Present state of diagnostic and screening of the diabetic retinopathy and diabetic macular oedema | views: 37
- Distribution of Lipoprotein‑Associated Phospholipase A2 in Czech Population and its interaction with conventional cardiovascular risk | views: 28
- Treatment of diabetic macular oedema | views: 27
- Combined therapy of arterial hypertension | views: 25
- Spondyloarthritides: Current Perspective on Diagnosis and Classification | views: 24