Hypertension combination therapy with rennin-angiotenzin system blockers
Authors: M. Souček
Authors - sphere of activity: II. interní klinika Lékařské fakulty MU a FN u sv. Anny Brno, přednosta prof. MUDr. Miroslav Souček, CSc.
Article: Vnitř Lék, 2009, 55(9): 719-723
Category: 80th Birthday - prof. MUDr. Miloš Štejfa, DrSc., FESC
Number of articles displayed: 147x
Target blood pressure levels are not being achieved with the current hypertension treatment. Monotherapy that normalizes BP in about 20% of patients does not provide sufficient control to reach this goal and thus combination therapy is required. Results from recent clinical studies showed that a combination of an angiotenzin-converting enzyme inhibitor (ACEi) with a calcium channel blocker (CCB) provide better results and reduced incidence of cardiovascular events than a combination of a diuretic with an ACE inhibitor. Combination therapy based on rennin-angiotenzin system blockade: ACEi with a CCB, ACEi with a diuretic or angiotenzin receptor blocker (AT1) with a diuretic as a first-line treatment of the stage 2 hypertension might lead to significantly better control of blood pressure than monotherapy.
combination of hypertensives – angiotenzin-converting enzyme inhibitor – angiotenzin receptor blocker – diuretics – calcium channel blockers
The full wording of this article is available only to registered users. Plese register and you can read this article immediately.
If you are a subscriber, log in and enter the subscriber code from your magazine cover.
If you are not a subscriber, log in for unlimited access to older editions.
Tento článek si můžete přečíst pokud si aktivujete Premium účet.
- Practice guideline and trends for immunosuppressive treatment of glomerulonephritides according to KDIGO (Clinical Practice Guideline for Glomerulonephritis) | views: 164
- Current opinions on gout, its diagnosis and treatment | views: 126
- Aortic regurgitation | views: 116
- Targeted therapeuticts and their role in the treatment of internal diseases | views: 90
- Opinion of the Czech Atherosclerosis Society‘s committee (CSAT) on the ESC/EAS guidlines related to the diagnostics and treatment of dyslipidemias issued in 2011 | views: 90
- Outcomes of Catheter Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation in Patients over 65 Years of Age | views: 82
- Treatment of AL amyloidosis in 2012; the benefit of new drugs (bortezomib, thalidomide, and lenalidomide). Summary of published clinical trials | views: 82
- Risk factors for relapsing and severe Clostridium difficile infection | views: 78
- Ischemic peripheral arterial disease and recurrent iliofemoral venous thrombosis in a 24-year-old man with antiphospholipid syndrome | views: 77
- Changes in weight and diabetes compensation (HbA1c) in patients with diabetes mellitus type 2 after adding exenatide (Byetta) to the current treatment in 28 diabetology departments in the Czech Republic – BIBY-I study (observations lasting 3 to 12 months) | views: 46