The Vnitřní lékařství journal is the official journal of the Czech Society of Internal Medicine of the Czech Medical Society of J.E. Purkyně and the Slovak Society of Internal Medicine of the Slovak Medical Society. It has been continuously published since 1955.
The journal is focused broadly on the area of internal medicine with special focus on cardiology, diabetology, metabolism disorders and haemato-oncology.
The journal publishes:
- original papers,
- comprehensive reviews and case studies,
- procedures recommended by professional societies for diagnostics and therapy in the field of internal medicine,
- abstracts from the most important professional events.
The journal is published in the list of peer-reviewed non-impacted periodic journals published in the Czech Republic, approved by the Research and Development Council of the Government of the Czech Republic, and it is excerpted in the databases EMBASE/Excerpta Medica, SCOPUS, MEDLINE/Index Medicus, Bibliographia Medica Čechoslovaka, Index Copernicus, Chemical Abstracts, and INIS Atomindex.
The journal is an indispensable source of postgraduate education for internists in all particular fields and advice for general practitioners.
- abbreviation for quotation: Vnitř. Lék.
- language of the periodical journal: Czech, Slovak, English
- Practice guideline and trends for immunosuppressive treatment of glomerulonephritides according to KDIGO (Clinical Practice Guideline for Glomerulonephritis) | views: 176
- Aortic regurgitation | views: 124
- Opinion of the Czech Atherosclerosis Society‘s committee (CSAT) on the ESC/EAS guidlines related to the diagnostics and treatment of dyslipidemias issued in 2011 | views: 95
- Ischemic peripheral arterial disease and recurrent iliofemoral venous thrombosis in a 24-year-old man with antiphospholipid syndrome | views: 81
- Changes in weight and diabetes compensation (HbA1c) in patients with diabetes mellitus type 2 after adding exenatide (Byetta) to the current treatment in 28 diabetology departments in the Czech Republic – BIBY-I study (observations lasting 3 to 12 months) | views: 53
- Current trends in treatment and follow-up of patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma – experience with the use of recombinant human thyrotropin | views: 47
- Heart transplantation and the subsequent treatment of AL amyloidosis | views: 37
- Risk factors for diabetic retinopathy | views: 36
- Syncope as first and only sign of left atrial myxoma | views: 31
- Patophysiology of diabetic retinopathy | views: 30