Basics of social cognitive and affective neuroscience. XVI. Moral decision
Authors: Koukolík F.
Authors - sphere of activity: Oddělení patologie a molekulární medicíny, Národní referenční laboratoř prionových chorob, Fakultní Thomayerova nemocnice s poliklinikou, Praha, Primář: MUDr. František Koukolík, DrSc., FCMA
Article: Prakt. Lék. 2012, 92, No. 3, pp. 131-135
Number of articles displayed: 324x
The three main classic moral theories in Western thinking are
- virtue theory,
- intuitive primacy but not dictatorship of emotions people make rapid evaluative judgements of others, moral judgement involves brain areas related to emotions, morally charged behaviour involves brain areas related to emotion, psychopaths have emotional deficits, people sometimes can´t explain their moral judgements, moral perceptual abilities emerge in infancy, manipulation of emotions changes judgements, reasoning is often guided by desires, research in political psychology and research on prosocial behaviour points to intuitions not reasoning,
- moral thinking is for social doing,
- morality binds and builds.
moral theory, contemporary moral psychology, moral foundations theory.
The full wording of this article is available only to registered users. Plese register and you can read this article immediately.
If you are a subscriber, log in and enter the subscriber code from your magazine cover.
If you are not a subscriber, log in for unlimited access to older editions.
Tento článek si můžete přečíst pokud si aktivujete Premium účet.
Selection of CzMA JEP journals
- Sex life of seniors living in social service homes | views: 244
- Haemorrhoids and their treatment | views: 198
- Basics of social cognitive and affective neuroscience.
XXIV. Conservatives and liberals | views: 88
- Oral manifestations of anaemia | views: 69
- Introduction to medical ethics – how to understand Hippocratic tradition today | views: 66
- Alcohol in drug dependent persons and illegal drugs in alcohol dependence: a serious problem and a major risk | views: 66
- Primary care and health promotion in the Czech Republic | views: 64
- SKUP – a method to improve the quality of patient care | views: 56
- Anonymous donation of gametes and anonymous births: common ethical, psychosocial and legal aspects | views: 49
- The Newborn Scale of Sepsis questionnaire – the Czech version (SOS-CZ) for evaluating the risk of sepsis in newborns | views: 48