Dyslipidemia in 2012
Authors: M. Vrablík
Authors - sphere of activity: Centrum preventivní kardiologie, III. Interní klinika VFN a 1. LF UK v Praze
Article: Kardiol Rev 2012, 14(1): 37-39
Number of articles displayed: 448x
Dyslipidemia in 2012. Therapy of dyslipidemia is a corner stone of prevention of cardiovascular complications in high-risk patients. Best documented lipid lowering agents are statins being used as a monotherapy as well as the core of combination treatment regimens. Fibrates, ezetimibe, niacin and (in the Czech Republic practically unavailable) resins represent other treatment options of dyslipidemia. Complex intervention of all lipid abnormalities using combination of different drug classes represents an option to accomplish further reduction of cardiovascular atherothrombotic complications.
statins – fibrates – ezetimibe – niacin – cardiovascular risk – atherosclerosis
The full wording of this article is available only to registered users. Plese register and you can read this article immediately.
If you are a subscriber, log in and enter the subscriber code from your magazine cover.
If you are not a subscriber, log in for unlimited access to older editions.
Tento článek si můžete přečíst pokud si aktivujete Premium účet.
- Investigations of breathing disorders related to sleep from A to Z | views: 75
- The most important diagnostic procedures in acute stroke | views: 45
- Antithrombotics in the prevention of cerebrovascular accidents. Part II – Significance of anticoagulant therapy | views: 40
- Therapy of acute ischemic stroke | views: 35
- Arrhythmias and stroke | views: 30
- Prevention of ischemic stroke | views: 26
- Blood pressure control in primary and secondary prevention of stroke | views: 26
- Levosimendan in cardiac surgery | views: 24
- A fixed dose combination of telmisartan, and a thiazide diuretic in the treatment of hypertension | views: 15
- Sleep apnea and cardiovascular disease | views: 13